Final Expense Telesales Tips - The Reboot!

Thanks DonP, you're becoming more likeable. I wonder why no one has made suggestions to my suggestions on texting above. I'm beginning to think everyone else has the same experience as you for texting leads.

Otherwise someone would have made suggestions on the words to use when texting leads, even the varying wording used for different types of leads. Or maybe no one can improve on the wording I suggested above...lol?

How about that "refresh letter" that someone suggested a few years ago to use for old DM leads? Same results?
The refresh letter will work if you follow up with a phone call or door knock. As for texting, I would say not many people have actually tried it and the ones that have had negligible results if they were expecting a return text. The same with email. From the people I have talked with, the only way it is effective is by purring your name in front of the prospect. When you call, you can introduce yourself saying, "You may remember receiving a text from me about the information you requested on state regulate final expense burial insurance plans." and then going into your regular approach.

Bad ex: Hey Mary, You responded on facebook that you would like to buy some life insurance. Text me back your health info.

Better ex: Hey Mary, I've got that free info you requested off of face book. I also have your free gift (coffee mug with your info, memorial planner and prescription discount card, etc. BUT don't tell them what the free gift is). Call me when you can and I'll try to squeeze you in before we finish up in your area.

Best ex: THIS SPACE CAN BE FILLED WITH THE AGENTS THAT HAVE EXPERIENCE USING TEXTS. I DON'T HAVE THAT EXPERIENCE.

I'm just shooting from the hip on bad and better up above.

WHAT WOULD AGENTS WHO TEXT THEIR LEADS SAY INSTEAD OF WHAT I PUT UP ABOVE?
Something along the line of #2 with the statement, "I will call you in the next couple of days or you can call and and I'll try to squeeze you in before we finish up in your area.

Something along the line of #2 with the statement, "I will call you in the next couple of days or you can call and and I'll try to squeeze you in before we finish up in your area.

Hmmmm.ok. But if I tell them I will call them in a couple of days there is ZERO chance they will call me back. And that puts me right back where I started from....trying to make contact with a lead that was not answering my phone calls in the first place.

I only text them after i've tried for 2-3 weeks to door knock and call them . I'll text them and email at the same time . I leave the lead in my pile till i see them or talk to them .Below is an example of a text. In the end their either interested or not . You keep it short

" Mrs Jones my names Don. In the past few days you filled out a quote sheet on facebook for info on state regulated final expense/burial plans .You put your date of birth as 02/10/1950 and your beneficiary as your daughter Mary Jones. It takes one text to get you the info you requested . PLEASE respond to this text and i'll text you the INFO you requested.

I only text them after i've tried for 2-3 weeks to door knock and call them . I'll text them and email at the same time . I leave the lead in my pile till i see them or talk to them .Below is an example of a text. In the end their either interested or not . You keep it short

" Mrs Jones my names Don. In the past few days you filled out a quote sheet on facebook for info on state regulated final expense/burial plans .You put your date of birth as 02/10/1950 and your beneficiary as your daughter Mary Jones. It takes one text to get you the info you requested . PLEASE respond to this text and i'll text you the INFO you requested.

Try: You around?

Back