FL Appointments

Goot

Expert
Can someone shoot me some names of Carriers appointing auto in Orange County Orlando, FL?

progressive and formost. Other then that most companies will not appoint in Florida. Good Luck.

Thanks I appreciate the feedback...Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Go for the homeowners then the auto. Everybody who owns a home owns a car. Everybody who owns a car doesn't always own a home.

Last edited:
American Integrity, Tower Hill, ASI, Prepared, Olympus.

If you are new you will have a had time getting appointed with anybody but you can at least try.

I feel like homeowners is a mess. It doesn't hurt to try but we can't write squat in our area at least. We have Universal Property & Casualty (who just recently relaxed a bit), United P&C, Security First (who overall I like working through but they recently tightened up), Federated National, and Homeowner's Choice (who is really tight and doesn't have a rater).

You'll probably have an easier time writing and getting appointed by auto carriers. My agent started from scratch with Progressive and Foremost, picked up AIG and MetLife shortly afterwards. MetLife is a preferred carrier and cancelled out contact because we had too much junk on the books I guess. It was the start of the rise of the fraud. Travelers gave us a contract after the second request (we were too green first time around). They are probably not appointing too much right now. We also picked up Infinity around the same time (their contract is a little shadier though). Mercury is pretty tight too. Not sure how easy it will be to get a contract. EGI is another one. Be prepared for following up on any policy processing you do with them though. You have to manage stuff more with them. Agency Insurance of Maryland (AIC) is another. I'm not sure they even want to be in Florida anymore period.

Progressive is a joy to work with IMO though. Well rounded. Except if you have to deal with thier BVU (Binding Verification Unit). Its a new thing they've been doing due to the fraud.

I feel like homeowners is a mess. It doesn't hurt to try but we can't write squat in our area at least. We have Universal Property & Casualty (who just recently relaxed a bit), United P&C, Security First (who overall I like working through but they recently tightened up), Federated National, and Homeowner's Choice (who is really tight and doesn't have a rater). You'll probably have an easier time writing and getting appointed by auto carriers. My agent started from scratch with Progressive and Foremost, picked up AIG and MetLife shortly afterwards. MetLife is a preferred carrier and cancelled out contact because we had too much junk on the books I guess. It was the start of the rise of the fraud. Travelers gave us a contract after the second request (we were too green first time around). They are probably not appointing too much right now. We also picked up Infinity around the same time (their contract is a little shadier though). Mercury is pretty tight too. Not sure how easy it will be to get a contract. EGI is another one. Be prepared for following up on any policy processing you do with them though. You have to manage stuff more with them. Agency Insurance of Maryland (AIC) is another. I'm not sure they even want to be in Florida anymore period. Progressive is a joy to work with IMO though. Well rounded. Except if you have to deal with thier BVU (Binding Verification Unit). Its a new thing they've been doing due to the fraud.

Where in Florida are you?

Back