FL Appointments

Yeah it's alright. There seems to be a disproportionate amount of rate in 33647 vs a lot of the other areas in Tampa which is true for other 'burbs but I guess they can't level all of the rate on the bad areas.

I like writing auto from Pinellas though if it comes by. The rates seem to be within normal parameters there.

I guess you just have to have the right companies. When we first opened up shop I made my living writing Tower Hill policies in that area.

In Orlando FL, I've heard it referred to as the 'Golden Triangle'. Specifically Orange County.

----------

I appreciate all of the advice. I hope to be appointed and up and selling soon.

33647 is also one of my favorite zips to write in. A few of our carriers have very low rates and can't be touched over there.

Yeah the whole zip code is pretty well-to-do. It still seems a bit high compared to some of the zips in Wesley Chapel and Land O Lakes. Comes with the territory of being in Hillsborough county though I guess. My agent says he gets shunned by carriers at FAIA when they learn his agency is based in Tampa, lol.

We only picked up Agency Insurance of Maryland because the rep for the whole state lives 1 mile away and vouched for the business that might walk in the door. But it sucks when they don't give you a chance to build your book up and you have a nasty loss that jacks up your loss ratio and ends up getting you restricted on binding. Happened with Gainsco a while back too.

Back