Fluticasone alternatives? PDP not covering in 2023

Medicare updates their formulary 3x per year . . . the last update is usually in August.

Carriers are required by CMS to update their formulary every 2 weeks . . . however there may be a lag between updating internally and when it actually shows up on the consumer/agent facing pages.

S&S and many of the other third party drug plan finders rely on Connecture, which updates monthly, if not more regularly.

A drug formulary formulary is just a snapshot of how things are today . . . tomorrow it may be different. Always a moving target . . .
I thought I read that S & S updates once a week?

One of my clients just started taking a drug that that according to Search & Save and MedicareCENTER isn't covered on the Humana Walmart plan she has. I decided to check on Medicare.gov and it showed it covered. I called Humana and they say it's not covered, so hello SilverScript.
Just finished an appointment in my office with the client who can afford whatever it takes. SilverScriptPlus for the win, with name brand Advair, client was also on the generic for Advair. All the other Rx for the client are $0 copay. Now still need to deal with the other, so thanks to all for the advice!

Back