FMO Release

Just a suggestion, i do not know the Medicare rules. Maybe Todd can answer --

Maybe pick up some FE contracts and go back to your book and make some income while you wait out the releases.

Learn and earn.

Yep, you're probably stuck. The good news is that you have now learned a lesson to get upfront releases in writing instead of taking someone's word or not even asking at all. Even this new place that you are going should give you a pre-release agreement if you ask. If they won't give it to you, then find somewhere that will.

Todd, their policy was just changed a few months ago and they didn't notify any of the agents on this updated policy. Plus, this was my first Medicare job and I had no idea companies could hold onto your appointments.

So why are you saying that me terminating my appointments with each state would do no good? I'm curious about that...it's worked for 5 states so far, for me.

Todd, their policy was just changed a few months ago and they didn't notify any of the agents on this updated policy. Plus, this was my first Medicare job and I had no idea companies could hold onto your appointments.

So why are you saying that me terminating my appointments with each state would do no good? I'm curious about that...it's worked for 5 states so far, for me.
If you terminate all of them you still won’t be able to re-contract before the waiting period.

Just make sure any company you contract through will release if you decide to leave. Very few do. Don’t do business with those companies.

I was under the impression that if I terminate all 35 states' carrier appointments that would just end the contract, meaning I'd be able to start a new contract with a new FMO? Is that not accurate? Like I said, have no idea how all this works...I'm a newbie lol. But I greatly appreciate all feedback!

I was under the impression that if I terminate all 35 states' carrier appointments that would just end the contract, meaning I'd be able to start a new contract with a new FMO? Is that not accurate? Like I said, have no idea how all this works...I'm a newbie lol. But I greatly appreciate all feedback!

No, you'll still be considered as being linked to that FMO until the allotted time passes.

You can feel free to give me a call if you want. I would suggest taking a look at our FAQ page to see some of the things you want to ask a new FMO or at least know about.

https://www.trkingim.com/frequently-asked-questions/

No, you'll still be considered as being linked to that FMO until the allotted time passes.

You can feel free to give me a call if you want. I would suggest taking a look at our FAQ page to see some of the things you want to ask a new FMO or at least know about.

https://www.trkingim.com/frequently-asked-questions/

Oh, that makes sense, Todd. Thank you for informing me of that, I did not know that my current FMO would still be linked to those carriers. That's a bummer. So really, there is no other way around the wait periods then, huh?

Two companies released all of their appointments for me, out of courtesy. When the carrier releases the appointments, that should wipe out my FMO andvallow me to get re-appointed with a new broker, right?

I will check out those FAQs as well. I am still in search of a lawyer though. Especially since I have no chargebacks, left on good terms and never signed any documents stating this policy.

Oh, that makes sense, Todd. Thank you for informing me of that, I did not know that my current FMO would still be linked to those carriers. That's a bummer. So really, there is no other way around the wait periods then, huh?

Two companies released all of their appointments for me, out of courtesy. When the carrier releases the appointments, that should wipe out my FMO andvallow me to get re-appointed with a new broker, right?

I will check out those FAQs as well. I am still in search of a lawyer though. Especially since I have no chargebacks, left on good terms and never signed any documents stating this policy.

Yes, when the carrier releases you, you are free to move it anywhere.

You will just waste money on a lawyer. You will just pay out a lot of money to learn that you can’t change the way it works. You actually signed up because of being ignorant (unlearned) as to how it all works. The information is freely available all over the Internet. Just a brief read on Todd kings website or the FexContracting website would have educated you to this. We have saved thousands of agents from what you are experiencing.

You paid a tax for your knowledge. Now the rest of your career you will understand this. He won’t make this mistake again so you did gain some value from the experience.

If you go, trying to file a lawsuit against an insurance company, don’t be surprised if you will never be allowed to sell that insurance company ever again.

Currently experiencing a release issue myself with an FMO. I'm moving ONE contract. I've tried to do it last August and was told they don't give releases starting in August and to check back January. Emailed January and had to go through a reciprocal release which was returned to them. It's been almost 2 months. Multiple emails/calls and still have not received my release back.

The funny part is I'm just moving from one Integrity company to another. At the end of the day it's all the same. I was even considering moving other contracts to this company, but not now. I don't understand the reason of ruining a relationship especially when the upline has provided nothing....

Back