For those of you using NORVAX...

I think all of us agree that no lead can ever be proven ti be exclusive. No matter how they are generated, or what the client tells you...he/she can contact any amount of brokers they desire. And...they can be contacted as well.

These leads either:
1. bought a policy (great prospect) I can usually beat the price with another carrier
2. Were frustrated with all the calls and need/want insurance/did not buy (good prospect).
3. Are uninsurable.

None of our leads are being called by agents.

I thought you can't call an Internet lead from 12 months ago?

Regardless, calling #1 a great prospect to me seems to mean you're selling on price, not benefits (in your interest rather than the clients). Anyone can go in with a right start plan and beat price. Not saying you're doing that but I don't know many agents who sell higher to begin with, let alone leave room for you to undersell them.

Meaning the better agents sell a better benefits package (higher price) the average agents sell on price so how do you beat that?

I think number two are the best prospects by far.

I think all of us agree that no lead can ever be proven ti be exclusive. No matter how they are generated, or what the client tells you...he/she can contact any amount of brokers they desire. And...they can be contacted as well.

A referral is an exclusive lead, if not the only exclusive lead there is, as close as can be.

There is no such thing as an exclusive lead.

It would mean by the very definition of the word that you would have the power to exclude others from participating in your so called 'exclusive lead'.

If someone referred you to their friend Bob, that is no where near an exclusive lead. What can you do to stop your friend Bob from referring his friend to anybody else? How could you enforce a thousand other agents not to call your referral? You can't, because it is not exclusive to you.

Hi all --

I work for a management consulting firm called The Parthenon Group, and currently have a client who is interested in the comparative quoting market. I am interested in talking to someone intelligently about the major competitors and dynamics either today or tomorrow [FONT=&quot]in a 15-30 minute conversation. We would be happy to compensate you for your time in the form of a $50 Amazon gift certificate, or AMEX gift card. If [/FONT][FONT=&quot]you are interested, [/FONT][FONT=&quot]you can either PM me back or email me direct at kkooi@parthenon, please include name, position and familiarity with different quoting products. Thanks for your time.

Kevin [/FONT]

Questions we are interested include
1. How much do comparative quoting systems (such as HealthConnect, Norvax, Quotit, Insurint) typically cost to the broker?
a. Is it a standard licensing fee, or is it per head, or other?
2. How is the partnership with the carrier structured, i.e. do carriers pay to have their policies on the quoting system?
3. How penetrated is the market for small, midsize and large brokers?
4. What is the likely impact of reform on the market?
a. Will states partner with an individual vendor to provide comparative quoting solutions for policies listed on their exchange?
b. Will this shrink the market for quoting systems if brokers can do comparative quoting on the exchange?
5. What differentiates the key players (price and carriers listed come to mind, but are there significant functionality differences as well)?

I have used Norvax for 4 months now. There are things I like about it, some I dont.

In that 4 month period I have written 1 - 2 extra policies that I probably would not have otherwise, so it pays for itself.

I have the stripped down version. Just the quote engine, not the website and certainly not the leads.

They are pricey in my opinion. Especially so if you take their first offer. If you deal with them like buying a car you can get a better price. Shameless tactics if you ask me.

The quote engine will only show a handful of plans & options. I have 6 carriers (soon to be 7) loaded in my quote engine and they will show (max) about 200 options. When I quote with carrier software I can show about 1800 variations and achieve much more customization.

The abbreviated quote is nice and the one I use the most. The full proposal quote is a bit clunky. You really can't view more than 2 plans side by side which is a bit of a hindrance.

I actually prefer the Quotit engine but they only have a limited number of carriers & plans and seem to concentrate more on group quoting.

Emailing quotes can get caught up in spam filters. More than once I have emailed a client only to have them tell me they never got the quote. When I ask them to check their spam folder more often than not it turns up there.

Norvax does not notify you of a quote that is undeliverable or unopened. The only way you will know if someone is tooling around in your site is if they start a quote.

Your set up will run anywhere from $250 to $350 + $75 per month for the quote engine. They will quote you a higher price. I probably could have gotten it lower but I got tired or haggling and I wanted to get it up & running.

Recently I went back & ask for a separate URL to quote HSA plans only. My rep said the best deal was $300 setup + another $75 per month.

I was very polite when I told him I would pass on his generous offer.

The back office has a lot of bells & whistles that make it reasonably easy to follow up with prospects.

My guess is I will write $50,000 or so in AP this year that I would not have otherwise and that is probably a low estimate. So I am spending $75 x 12 = $900 to make an extra $10k or so.

What additional marketing do you do to drive business to the website? thanks

Back