For those who's looking for new IMO

TG-Terry

Dear all,

I am very new to this forum and I am not sure if this is appropriate, please let me know if not, I will delete the thread.

The Agency I am currently working with seems nice enough, starting commission depends on product carriers, like Allianz can commission up to nearly 100%. And depends on the sale amount, commission percentage goes up 5% per level.

This Agency also has it's own Real Estate, P&C, Health, Mortgage and other department, so I can get referral for any clients I referred to other department, well, who actually closed a deal with company.

I also saw F&G's VP had done some type of training for this company's employee, maybe it's like a courtesy thing they do but it seems like the company is able to maintain a close relationship with carriers, that seems like a plus.

After all, just want to share with you guys and see what you think about this company, I'm not going to name it but some of the folks may already recognize, let's not spell it out and make the thread an ad.

By the way, it's only day 2 for me to join the forum and I have already learned a ton from you guys, much appreciated.

Dear all,

I am very new to this forum and I am not sure if this is appropriate, please let me know if not, I will delete the thread.

The Agency I am currently working with seems nice enough, starting commission depends on product carriers, like Allianz can commission up to nearly 100%. And depends on the sale amount, commission percentage goes up 5% per level.

This Agency also has it's own Real Estate, P&C, Health, Mortgage and other department, so I can get referral for any clients I referred to other department, well, who actually closed a deal with company.

I also saw F&G's VP had done some type of training for this company's employee, maybe it's like a courtesy thing they do but it seems like the company is able to maintain a close relationship with carriers, that seems like a plus.

After all, just want to share with you guys and see what you think about this company, I'm not going to name it but some of the folks may already recognize, let's not spell it out and make the thread an ad.

By the way, it's only day 2 for me to join the forum and I have already learned a ton from you guys, much appreciated.
You are too new and green to know whether you are getting screwed or not.
Just make sure you are paid directly from the insurance companies NOT the agency you are under. And if that’s good commit 100% to their training and systems until you ever have a reason not to.

Thanks, Newby, for really valuable advice! I worried about pay and such when I started, but once I get to start learning about the products and different types, I feel more challenged and kinda understand how the market is. I was approached by multiple agents from AIG, NY life before I joined the industry, and some of their agents were never able to answer the questions I had (I am very annoying and perhaps they didn't feel it's worth their time to answer). Now as I learn more, I am excited to be the one who can make good suggestions and answer all questions for clients (It's probably too ideal). Thus, thanks to DHK, Allen, SCagent and many others of you guys, I learned more from the forum than from company training lol. Feel blessed to join the forum!

Welcome to the club Buddy Boy. (Hello to Bud Fox) some great information to be had here but you must come in with or develope a think skin because at times you may be challenged but don't take anything personal.

Also every now and then some good entertaining drama. Yet even while monitoring a fight (disagreement) one of the contenders will make a point that will make me go hmmmm and do some research on my own.

Oh yea one more thing there are some industry heavy hitters that will pop in every now and then not to also some posters do have some you tubes on a subject or product so if in need just ask and someone can give you a you tube if need be.

I worried about pay and such when I started, but once I get to start learning about the products and different types, I feel more challenged and kinda understand how the market is.

Welcome. You are correct there is a lot of knowledge here. Do searches and you will find a lot of information on past post as well.

Just curious, how long have you been in insurance?

Back