Forum Advice

One thing I have learned on this forum is tread certain places at your own risk. I have been accused of being racist among other things. Maybe we need a add a disclaimer to the forum like the one on topgunproducers:

"Disclaimer: Enter at your own risk. Please fasten your safetybelt. Keep all limbs inside the vehicle. No passing at intersections. We can't drive 55. Always wear deodorant. Please return your seatbacks and tray tables to their upright position. In case of a water landing, I hope you can swim. Don't play with matches. Just say no to drugs (except beer and whiskey). Objects in mirror may appear smaller. Take a deep breath. Don't spill the beans. This is a non-smoking forum. Please carry concealed. There's nothing less useful than an unloaded weapon. Aim at center mass for best results. Please back up your software. Avoid sticking sharp objects in your eye. Do not swallow. If you feel faint, dial 911. This forum is not guaranteed, warranteed, or promises anything other than what you didn't expect. Your mileage may vary. Tie your shoes. Buckle your belt. Floors are slippery when wet. There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch. Flammable. Potentially combustible. Do not enter without prior authorization. Sign here. Thank you."

Maybe some people should have taken the time to read the rules for this forum, and to enforce them as well.

Censoring

As a general rule, we do not censor our posters. However, slander will not be tolerated and the offending posts may be removed and your account terminated.

Be positive

Try to be positive. It is much easier to learn and extract or give value to the forum through positive interactions between members. We reserve the right to terminate anyone's account if they are providing nothing but negativity.

Rob, in the spirit of truth, how can anyone control how someone else is going to interpret things or get offended. This business is one that is filled with rejection and being offended. I get offended when someone doesn't return my call, I shouldn't but I still do. Becoming offended is a choice one makes. I am still thin skinned in some areas but have learned to handle much better than I did when I came to this business in 1980. I still hate cold calls and don't take rejection very well and do anything to avoid it, oops ending in a preposition again. Just my opinion, not trying to offend anyone.

Rob, in the spirit of truth, how can anyone control how someone else is going to interpret things or get offended. This business is one that is filled with rejection and being offended. I get offended when someone doesn't return my call, I shouldn't but I still do. Becoming offended is a choice one makes. I am still thin skinned in some areas but have learned to handle much better than I did when I came to this business in 1980. I still hate cold calls and don't take rejection very well and do anything to avoid it, oops ending in a preposition again. Just my opinion, not trying to offend anyone.

I agree, and I wasn't singling any one out and I admit I've been guilty as well, just a wanted to give newbies a heads up.

No worries buddy!!

I get offended when someone doesn't return my call, I shouldn't but I still do.

That reminds me . . . I think I owe you a call . . .

Seriously, I feel your pain. I think something would be wrong with you if you didn't feel . . . something.

I have worked with guys before who said they THRIVED on rejection.

Sounds like a sick, masochist to me.

One guy even told me when someone hung up on him, or refused to take his call, or refused to buy that was just something to fire him up and make him even more determined to sell the guy. He would become . . . an insurance stalker.

It wouldn't surprise me a bit if some of his prospects got TRO's to protect themselves.

That guy was really sick.

But someone put him in charge of training agents. Fortunately, I was not one of his trainees.

That reminds me . . . I think I owe you a call . . .

Seriously, I feel your pain. I think something would be wrong with you if you didn't feel . . . something.

I have worked with guys before who said they THRIVED on rejection.

Sounds like a sick, masochist to me.

One guy even told me when someone hung up on him, or refused to take his call, or refused to buy that was just something to fire him up and make him even more determined to sell the guy. He would become . . . an insurance stalker.

It wouldn't surprise me a bit if some of his prospects got TRO's to protect themselves.

That guy was really sick.

But someone put him in charge of training agents. Fortunately, I was not one of his trainees.

Another perspective and a good point.

This is my favorite forum rule, obviously not enforced.

Vulgar posts

We forbid all vulgarity. Curse words will be deleted and the violator will be subject to suspension. There are many colorful ways of expressing your thoughts without resorting to vulgarity.

If you had older brothers you wont even notice most of it :)

Winter
No, no older brothers, but 23 years in the Navy with over 13 onboard submarines, you learn not to take things very serious. Things can get pretty vicious after multiple days at sea with no port visits.

Oh, and before anyone decides to start with the submarine jokes, I don't think there are any that I haven't heard or told myself. :D

Something else, I go to a few different forums, some pretty tame, others not so much. My rule of thumb, read through some posts to get the tone before you start posting.

Back