Forum Advice

No, no older brothers, but 23 years in the Navy with over 13 onboard submarines, you learn not to take things very serious. Things can get pretty vicious after multiple days at sea with no port visits.

Oh, and before anyone decides to start with the submarine jokes, I don't think there are any that I haven't heard or told myself. :D

Something else, I go to a few different forums, some pretty tame, others not so much. My rule of thumb, read through some posts to get the tone before you start posting.

Now that's a post that is about as useful as a screen door on a submarine.... (LOL):laugh:

(If you have to reply with the number of times you have heard this one, please use exponential notation to save space.)

No, no older brothers, but 23 years in the Navy with over 13 onboard submarines, you learn not to take things very serious. Things can get pretty vicious after multiple days at sea with no port visits.

Oh, and before anyone decides to start with the submarine jokes, I don't think there are any that I haven't heard or told myself. :D

Something else, I go to a few different forums, some pretty tame, others not so much. My rule of thumb, read through some posts to get the tone before you start posting.

Do they eat submarine sandwiches on submarines?

Hey now, you're someone that should know...

I've always wondered, if you're in a submarine sitting on the bottom of the ocean and flush the toilet, where does it go?

Below you will find pictures of the 2008 World Submarine Championship...

381850fa14fc45f317f2984b1aabd4534762f174

What the hell did you expect?

Hey now, you're someone that should know...

I've always wondered, if you're in a submarine sitting on the bottom of the ocean and flush the toilet, where does it go?

Now there you go. Later today, that knock on your door will be the FBI coming to question you on why you want to know so much about the design of modern day nuclear submarines....

But to answer your question, the same place it goes when your not on the bottom. Also, unlike the movies, subs don't sit on the bottom (intentionally). Old, diesel subs, maybe. Not anymore.

Dan

By the way, you should ask a submariner what a chunky pump is, that will explain a lot :)

Dan

Now there you go. Later today, that knock on your door will be the FBI coming to question you on why you want to know so much about the design of modern day nuclear submarines....

But to answer your question, the same place it goes when your not on the bottom. Also, unlike the movies, subs don't sit on the bottom (intentionally). Old, diesel subs, maybe. Not anymore.

Dan

Interesting bit of trivia, thanks.

Dan

Actually, the FBI wouldn't bother... besides, they don't know the difference between a submarine and a cuban.

Now if you had mentioned the NSA, that would be scary. They might pull my file from when I had a TS clearance and could make life a little uncomfortable, but they've bigger fish to fry.

Not to worry, though. When I volunteered for subs and got assigned to aviation, I knew the rumor about military intelligence being an oxymoron was true.

I'll just stay under the thermal and wait it out. :)

Back