FREE SEO TOOL - The Awesome Blogger

Tampa Bay Rep

Guru
100+ Post Club
Here is a free software program you could use to set up automated content for Wordpress sites that brings in articles from article directories. Besides the author of the article getting a link to his site you are also able to have your own link with anchor text directed to your website at the end of each article as well in a resource box. So you could have this set up to automatically post several articles a day with a link each time going to your site from each article.

Here is a video demo of this free automated blogging product that was released this year:

I posted info in another thread about how an SEO company was setting up blog sites to do this very thing (i.e. using the concept, not the software) and the author described the success this SEO company was having for their clients doing local SEO and he didn't mention the SEO company's name so it was not an article to plug the SEO company but an article on the strategy.

Even though the blogs only contain duplicate content and as such were only in the supplemental index due to the duplicate content of the articles, the links still counted towards link popularity helping boost the client's money site up in the rankings. The author said due to it being duplicate content this seems to only work for local marketing where there is not a lot of competition for the local keywords which could potentially work for insurance agents trying to rank for insurance in certain cities throughout their state (if it works as good as the author claims).

This can used on a wordpress.com site so you don't have to pay for a domain, pay for hosting, etc.

For more info on the article I mentioned see the other thread:

Link Building Strategy For Building Link Popularity

The article was written around 2 years ago so things may have changed in the SEO world but since this software program was just released this year it appears the concept is still being used currently in 2011.

Last edited by a moderator:
"duplicate content" Doesn't sound good to me. But I'm not an SEO expert. I have seen these sites and they are trashy. Many of my own articles have appeared on them.

Can one of the true SEO experts comment on this? If it's worthwhile...count me in! But I assume you are better off writing ORIGINAL RELEVANT content on your own site, not creating a blog full of copied content.

I would not advise to do this. At all.

All major search engines frown upon automated content; article spinners, rss grabbers, giberish google trends articles, MFA sites and many other forms.

While you might see there is an increased number of backlinks to your site, keep in mind that links coming from spammy websites and/or sites with no relevancy/authority whatsoever, will do more harm than any little good.

This technique might help only on a very short term, maybe few months, but other than that, you'll be moved to Google quarantine (removed from G's index).

Gone are the days when you could just buy a domain and set up an autopilot site.

Val.

Edit: Which one of you grow mushrooms ? :D :D

Last edited:
This is bad idea. For the reasons val said.

Heres a good idea, that is similar.

Go into your own wordpress site, go to plugins, install the one called "Time Release". Set it to a specific delay, I'd suggest 3 days to a week for an insurance site.

Get your iphone or android, and download News Republic, or some similar aggrigation service that downloads articles from news wires for the topic you specify.

Tell it you want articles on whatever topic your site is about, probably insurance in this case.

Now, when you see a story you find interesting, write a couple sentences about it as a post. Instead of publishing, click the time release button at the bottom right, and save it as a draft.

If the days go by and your wordpress didn't add any content, time release goes ahead and spits out a new article that you wrote. Original content. RSS feeds it, etc.

Cost of all that is also free, and you don't end up getting your site sandboxed.

Also, in wordpress, pay attention to the specific time you can set for publishing. You can Pre-write articles for fathers day, mothers day, christmas, easter, 4th of july, et al, whenever you want. Those settings are there by default, upper right corner near public button, instead of immediately you set a specific time.

That way you can give fresh content all the time, yet not have to be on wordpress every day, week, or month even, and if you forget for a while, no big deal.

Posting more than 1 time a day is a waste of time. If you wanna do that, embed twitter into a page, and use twitter, then you kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Protip: also redo sitemaps on posts, and ping google/yahoo/bing. Can be automated via crontab if you're savy.

This will get you google banned and panda slapped so fast you won't know which way's up. Once the damage is done you will need to burn your website and start from scratch.

Best to have 2 pages of content than 100 pages of duplicated content.

Hire some people from India to re-write those articles at .25 cents each, then give them a bonus if they pass copyscape and don't need much editing to be readable.

"duplicate content" Doesn't sound good to me. But I'm not an SEO expert. I have seen these sites and they are trashy. Many of my own articles have appeared on them.

Can one of the true SEO experts comment on this? If it's worthwhile...count me in! But I assume you are better off writing ORIGINAL RELEVANT content on your own site, not creating a blog full of copied content.

Hey Chumps, Looks like your got your "True Expert" Comments.;)

If you created a piece of software that built profitable websites on autopilot would you:

• share your idea with the world? or..
  • would you just build a bunch of sites and sit back and spend your time watching Gilligan's Island reruns?

If you created a piece of software that built profitable websites on autopilot would you:

• share your idea with the world? or..
  • would you just build a bunch of sites and sit back and spend your time watching Gilligan's Island reruns?

The people who did build sites like this - for adsense profits made tons of money, but the day is gone when you can do this and make huge profits.

FYI - They made crap-loads of money using software like that - then when google shut down their operation and blocked the software from showing up in the search engines, they turned around and sold this same software to other people, showing them 'proof' of all the money they raked in, and consequentially raked in a bunch more money - while the poor chumps who bought the software are struggling to make it work, and scratching their heads about why it's not working for them.

A truly automated method of building profitable sites simply doesn't exist -the closest method would be to somehow launch a successful social network - but that's not exactly easy. The reason it would be automatic though is because - other people would be supplying content that could be indexed by google thus bringing people to your site.

Ex. This forum - ranks high for a lot of insurance terms simply because of the amount of content that is added regularly.

Back