Geico Insurance Dirt!

I would say that b61 is not demonizing per say but giving some ammo to the OP. Having a local agent is sometimes a difference that needs to be pointed out. I mean the person came on looking for some ammo. And there is some ammo. I don't have a dog in the fight...just my 2cents.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
On further inspection you gave some solid advice earlier in thread. Sorry, I skipped over on first read.

No worries man, it happens :)

I completely agree that a local agent can matter. A call center rep won't might not even be in the business be working their in six months let alone care.

Geico can be good. It's really a crapshoot whether you get someone who is knowledgeable on the phone or not. I started out there when I was 19,my wife is a sales manager there still. I left because I wanted to sell more than just HO policies all day. It was nice getting them to pay for my licensing and all my designation work while I was still there.

The best thing you can do is what you should be doing with any other prospect, go over the coverage limits and make sure the prospects know what they're getting. Any of the call center carriers (Geico, Progressive, etc) are going to have reps that are happily going to write state minimums or do something less direct and not have the UI/UM match the liability. Helping folks understand the holes in the coverage "the other guy" left them exposed to helps you turn it into a service vs a commodity.

You nailed it! It's amazing how quickly someone will switch auto policies to save $80 or $100 per year! But they don't understand that, almost always, they're giving up coverage....and they won't know/care until they have a claim and it isn't fully covered or isn't covered at all! I've seen more than one come crawling back after learning the hard way. Of course, we welcome them back with open and sympathetic arms....and save the "I freakin' told you so's!" until they leave! :no:

I just had a rare walk in today and he is insured with Geico for auto and his home is with ASI.

I mention to him would you like a local agent to help you and said yes with Geico I am talking to a rep from new york and he wants to stay with a local agency.

This is my second Geico quote in a week. Lets see how it turns out I quoted Safeco as a package.;):cool:;)

I agree with the above comments. Geico does a great job with pricing, but when it is time for a claim there quality drops off.

I would say that b61 is not demonizing per say but giving some ammo to the OP. Having a local agent is sometimes a difference that needs to be pointed out. I mean the person came on looking for some ammo. And there is some ammo. I don't have a dog in the fight...just my 2cents.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
On further inspection you gave some solid advice earlier in thread. Sorry, I skipped over on first read.

Every claim I've ever had I ended up talking to a call center in another city, even when I had local agents.

I'm all for using an agent, but not much of a selling point when you get sent to the call center when you have a claim.

Every claim I've ever had I ended up talking to a call center in another city, even when I had local agents.

I'm all for using an agent, but not much of a selling point when you get sent to the call center when you have a claim.

Volagent my clients always call me to talk about the claim before we file it. So having a local agent is important. Sometime we talk about the claim and decide its not worth filling it and the client moves on.

On the other hand if you talk to your 800# rep they will file the claim no matter what even if its not cover and they can screw up your insurance record. :no::swoon::goofy:

Volagent my clients always call me to talk about the claim before we file it. So having a local agent is important. Sometime we talk about the claim and decide its not worth filling it and the client moves on.

On the other hand if you talk to your 800# rep they will file the claim no matter what even if its not cover and they can screw up your insurance record. :no::swoon::goofy:

I was always told to call the 1-800 claims number.

VolAgent said:

X2 on that one. I am a L&H agent and hear all the time about service work. Well a couple years ago I had a home owners claim and called my agent. They gave me an 800# to call. I wish that was the end the carrier tells me the adjusted will be in touch. The adjusted is out of Mass and I am in Maine and I end up sending photos getting quotes etc...Just what did the agent and adjusted do?

Back