Geico Policy Change Fee

My friend has 4 cars and getting about $50 per car. You telling me Im being treated fairly.

Id go with Liberty mutual but they want 5 yr record. So im going with state farm.

Clue report is seven years.

My friend has 4 cars and getting about $50 per car. You telling me Im being treated fairly.

when I said that they're not treating you unfairly, I meant that there was nothing shady about what they're doing as far as being unethical or misleading.

It's just that their rates suck!

Last edited:
your friend getting 50 per car doesnt mean youre suppose to. it has a lot to do with driving record, insurance history, experience, garaging location etc...

and on top of that ( i may be wrong, i'm just assuming) he may have state min liability only and you adding a "new car" bank required 100/300 full coverage.

there are so many factors, a local agent should be able to advise you on all this.

I'm guessing something else is going on.

Either, that premium is the full 6 month additional premium, not the monthly pay increase OR something else changes along with it in a significant way.

Any recent tickets or accidents? Suspended license?

The other thing is how many drivers do you have on the policy vs how many cars do you have listed?

The other thing that may have happened is they lumped 2 payments together because of the timing of the added car.

Dan

your friend getting 50 per car doesnt mean youre suppose to. it has a lot to do with driving record, insurance history, experience, garaging location etc...

and on top of that ( i may be wrong, i'm just assuming) he may have state min liability only and you adding a "new car" bank required 100/300 full coverage.

there are so many factors, a local agent should be able to advise you on all this.

Reminds me of a lady that wanted to buy insurance. Shopped it on a quoter and even if she got the best rate with the least expensive carrier it was more than double what her friend was paying so she didn't think it was a good deal because her friend isn't in as good health as she is. Of course her friend has had the policy for years and presumably had it before any health issues, but that didn't change that the customer thought there was a better offer to be had.

ha ha Josh!

that reminds me of some customers asking me about why their rate is so high after they see that silly ad posted online everywhere that says something like "auto insurance for 19.99 per month". :goofy:

Id go with Liberty mutual but they want 5 yr record. So im going with state farm.

Clue report is seven years.

Why do people always think that what their friend pays has anything to do with what they pay? Trust me, there is a lot more that goes into rates than what your friend pays. Did you not ask how much it would be to add a car? Sounds like you got what you paid for, a crappy company with crappy service. Also, sounds like you have other issues that you are not mentioning.

Back