Get out of health insurance now.....

Sman has a great question for Jeff. This was my concern as well. I hope Jeff Root can address.

Sman has a great question for Jeff. This was my concern as well. I hope Jeff Root can address.

well there are ton's of search terms for life insurance...got 4 leads off a geico life insurance page..all leads do not come in for .....life insurance......it just like the health insurance online marketing which life insurance has not even chipped the tip yet....... so the sooner you get in the better position you have......I did a texas life site 7 years ago.....blackhat'ed it and did good for a couple of years but it died....but have been sold that life can be sold online for years......if health why not life......or we can let ehealth figure it out and cut our online ratings.......and it would be smart to look how pinney is doing it and why not someone else doing the same..........

Last edited:
My only concern, and maybe Jeff can address this, is diminishing returns if too many people follow his system. There's a set number of people who are going to be searching online for life insurance at any given time. And there's only so many people who can be on page 1 of a google search. But more power to Jeff for creating a system that can be duplicated for those with the resources and time to do so. Not to mention his willingness to show others the way (for a price of course - and rightfully so).

If you think about it, agents are drumming up business somewhere else right now - using the same "systems", lead sources or prospecting methods. For example, everyone in FE is doing direct mail and it’s working. Lots of people in MedSupps are calling the same T-65 lists and it’s working. There’s a “set number of people” in those markets as well. I could even argue that these markets are even more saturated.

So yes, there’s only 10 spots (or less) on page 1 of Google so in theory there aren’t enough spots for a lot of agents to do this. What you’re not taking into account is that prospects aren’t just searching for the terms we think are intuitive like “life insurance quotes” or “no exam life insurance” - they’re researching very specific terms (long tail keywords) and there’s more variations of these terms than agents actively prospecting for them.

According to Google, brand new queries make up to 15% of all searches a day. So 15% of all people coming to life insurance websites from the search engines are from terms that have never been searched before. This is an opportunity we’re capitalizing on.

Example: Someone will Google “life insurance for diabetics” and see a set of web pages. Not everyone with diabetes is searching that. If someone searched “life insurance for 57 year old diabetic male” another set of web pages will show up. And these searches are becoming more common.

We're training agents to get in front of those searches (like we've been doing for years).

And growth on the web is exploding. LIMRA and Life Foundation studies are showing 85% of people are doing some sort of research online before making a life insurance buying decision. Consumers are much more comfortable on the web and this bucket of prospects will keep getting bigger and searching even more long tail keywords.

And in my opinion the life insurance information on the web right now is crap. It’s recycled and re-written junk. Showcase your expertise in front of your target market and focus on that (forget about the big keywords - just go after your target market). You don’t need much traffic to generate really good leads as long as it’s targeted traffic reading a really helpful article.

If you think about it, agents are drumming up business somewhere else right now - using the same "systems", lead sources or prospecting methods. For example, everyone in FE is doing direct mail and it’s working. Lots of people in MedSupps are calling the same T-65 lists and it’s working. There’s a “set number of people” in those markets as well. I could even argue that these markets are even more saturated. So yes, there’s only 10 spots (or less) on page 1 of Google so in theory there aren’t enough spots for a lot of agents to do this. What you’re not taking into account is that prospects aren’t just searching for the terms we think are intuitive like “life insurance quotes” or “no exam life insurance” - they’re researching very specific terms (long tail keywords) and there’s more variations of these terms than agents actively prospecting for them. According to Google, brand new queries make up to 15% of all searches a day. So 15% of all people coming to life insurance websites from the search engines are from terms that have never been searched before. This is an opportunity we’re capitalizing on. Example: Someone will Google “life insurance for diabetics” and see a set of web pages. Not everyone with diabetes is searching that. If someone searched “life insurance for 57 year old diabetic male” another set of web pages will show up. And these searches are becoming more common. We're training agents to get in front of those searches (like we've been doing for years). And growth on the web is exploding. LIMRA and Life Foundation studies are showing 85% of people are doing some sort of research online before making a life insurance buying decision. Consumers are much more comfortable on the web and this bucket of prospects will keep getting bigger and searching even more long tail keywords. And in my opinion the life insurance information on the web right now is crap. It’s recycled and re-written junk. Showcase your expertise in front of your target market and focus on that (forget about the big keywords - just go after your target market). You don’t need much traffic to generate really good leads as long as it’s targeted traffic reading a really helpful article.

I have NOT used Jeff's system yet (although I'm thinking it is a true NO-BRAINER).

I love the idea of creating a sellable asset (even if I ended up not being the agent selling the leads).

I would still highly recommend working with Jeff, he has always proven very professional and knowledgable when I have worked with him on various projects (Including aged internet life insurance leads).

He knows his stuff and I believe internet marketing will be the next big thing for independent insurance agents.

He knows his stuff and I believe internet marketing will be the next big thing for independent insurance agents.

well it has been done in health insurance......P&C....I just redid my auto online with out talking to anyone....and you are right.....life insurance is now moving toward the net...has been in the stone age for years....will not miss the days of faxed app's........

If you think about it, agents are drumming up business somewhere else right now - using the same "systems", lead sources or prospecting methods. For example, everyone in FE is doing direct mail and it’s working. Lots of people in MedSupps are calling the same T-65 lists and it’s working. There’s a “set number of people” in those markets as well. I could even argue that these markets are even more saturated. So yes, there’s only 10 spots (or less) on page 1 of Google so in theory there aren’t enough spots for a lot of agents to do this. What you’re not taking into account is that prospects aren’t just searching for the terms we think are intuitive like “life insurance quotes” or “no exam life insurance” - they’re researching very specific terms (long tail keywords) and there’s more variations of these terms than agents actively prospecting for them. According to Google, brand new queries make up to 15% of all searches a day. So 15% of all people coming to life insurance websites from the search engines are from terms that have never been searched before. This is an opportunity we’re capitalizing on. Example: Someone will Google “life insurance for diabetics” and see a set of web pages. Not everyone with diabetes is searching that. If someone searched “life insurance for 57 year old diabetic male” another set of web pages will show up. And these searches are becoming more common. We're training agents to get in front of those searches (like we've been doing for years). And growth on the web is exploding. LIMRA and Life Foundation studies are showing 85% of people are doing some sort of research online before making a life insurance buying decision. Consumers are much more comfortable on the web and this bucket of prospects will keep getting bigger and searching even more long tail keywords. And in my opinion the life insurance information on the web right now is crap. It’s recycled and re-written junk. Showcase your expertise in front of your target market and focus on that (forget about the big keywords - just go after your target market). You don’t need much traffic to generate really good leads as long as it’s targeted traffic reading a really helpful article.

And therein lies why it's important to pay for the expertise instead of trying to save a few dollars on the front end. I know ZERO about setting up a webpage, SEO and all that goes with it. I've been paying for a couple of domain names and web hosting for a site that has never been developed because I have no idea what to do. I'm just throwing away money because I'm going to "get around to it" one of these days.

I write a little bit of life business each year (because my existing clients ask). But I started my career doing nothing but life so the selling part of it isn't difficult for me. Nor is selling over the phone as that's what I've been doing for years with Med Supps and to a lesser extent on the 10-20 life apps I write each year.

Just might need to have a conversation with you about this.

In the immortal words of Chumps.... it time ......so looking at all the options on what products to sell online I have gone back to my old love.....life insurance...I believe that i have found a way to stay a insurance agent.....check out this site...they have developed 20,000 lead in 2015 and shows you how to do it with a money back guarantee....I have known the players in this deal for years and you are in good hands.....tell them stibroker sent you.......

http://www.selltermlife.com/website-offer/

You being a Moderator and all, shouldn't this thread be in the "Offers" section??!!?

Back