Get out of health insurance now.....

I discuss and offer tele-marketed leads here on the forums and I have never seen any of my posts get mistreatment from any of the moderators here.

Me either, if Ive ever been spanked it was probably well deserved:D

----------

Stolen and spun content.....massive spamming back links to name a few......

What Is Black Hat SEO? | WordStream

Glad to see they are using content vs. backlinking.....that is sooooooooooooooooooo 2008-2014 and dead dead dead.

Yes, there are several policies we did not get paid on due to "administrative" snarls. For most, the % is small, maybe 5% of your block but that is not the point.

The agent EARNED that comp.

Carriers that decide the agent did not take an active part in the renewal take over those accounts as house accounts.

Other agents are calling people from a list or whatever and saying they are with XYZ carrier and we are calling about your renewal.

Carrier in house CSR's are also contacting our clients before the renewal letter goes out, letting them know their options and trying to sign them up before the agent even knows the renewal terms.

In 2015 some carriers stopped paying commission on 2016 business submitted after a certain date, such as 9/30.

Virtually all of the carriers cut commission to $0 on SEP written in 2016.

You write someone for 1/1/16 and in March they have a change in status (birth, divorce, etc) the policy is rewritten and the agent is cut out.

But other than this, everything is fine.

Do not forget about the Marketplace's incessant emails and some phone calls reminding people to enroll/review their insurance on the site, which most people find "confusing" or have forgotten the username/password/security ? answers!

Spoke to over 20 people who either signed up with a phone call to the Marketplace for 2016 or updated their income (loosing or getting job mostly) who qualified for a new plan and there goes another!

Working for free much? Me too. Only compensation is that I am selling dental, short term med (while they wait for the waiting period for insurance at their new job to start), some vision and letting them age-in to Medicare with my "assistance".

Totally understand the desire to focus on Life sales!!!!!!!!!!

p.s.-In Pennsylvania, lots of opportunity to do free Individual under 65 "sales". Not that I'm selfish, but I pulled altruistic streak last OEP and still walking it off.

Last edited:
a simple answer would be nice

also Jeff and I are working out some details......domain name....content....I do not just rush in ......I am picky........but will post the site when it goes live.....I had to write a 1400 original post and give it to him to see if he can even work with me ,,,,wanted to make sure I was not spinning content and wasting his time.....he knows my history......hahaha

Back