Getting my 6 and 63 Series Licenses-- Worth It?

B

briheslin

Working as a State Farm team member, my agent requests that I also acquire my securities licenses (all expenses on him). Is it worth it? I don't know how competitive SF is with their variable products

As an employee, you might as well. It will enhance your resume and give you some experience working with securities.

You should assume that State Farm has a full broker/dealer to offer many financial products. I know State Farm has their own Whole Life, but I don't know if they have their own in-house VUL or Variable Annuities. I do know that they have expensive B-share index funds that I saw a client have once. (I don't like that idea, but you won't know why until you begin to study for it.)

If you were building up your own agency, I'd wonder why you were considering securities. However, since you're an employee, you might as well do it. Whether you KEEP them or not when you leave that position, will be up to you.

Working as a State Farm team member, my agent requests that I also acquire my securities licenses (all expenses on him). Is it worth it? I don't know how competitive SF is with their variable products

Jump on the opportunity! It will make you more valuable to State Farm, and other employers should you and the company ever part ways.

Jump on the opportunity! It will make you more valuable to State Farm, and other employers should you and the company ever part ways.
SF mutual Fds, as a group, tend to rank rather well on the annual Barron's Fund Family report. Check that out- but get the 6 for sure

Back