Getting Release and Starting GA

doctor

Expert
Quick question...I am currently with a GA that has contracts with several carriers. I am about to leave and start my own GA. Do I need to get a release from the GA if I want to get a contract from one of his carriers even if I am not currently appointed with them?

Thanks

In general for life carriers you will only need a release on carriers you have contracted with him on in the last 6 months or carriers you have written business with in the last 6 months. There is no requirement for you to receive a release from him for carriers you did not contract with.

Best thing for you to do would just be to call Brad and get contracted with some other carriers if you have to wait out the release with the one(s) you want to be writing with.

Who is Brad?

What does a release look like as far as being a "solicitor" under an agency? I need a release in which my GA said he will now give me with 1 and a half months left of NOT writing any business. I assume for UHC and Foresters I need just a simple one liner with signatures stating I am released? This now takes me away from the GA but what about the FMO etc? Can someone help with this?

Thanks!!;)

Almost all Life carriers allow you to be dual appointed if not have more than two appointments besides the whole life companies. Annuities are a little more difficult. You shouldnt need a release at all. What companies are you looking at and I can tell you if you need a release or not.

Maybe I should have read down further.... Final expense companies are a little different!

Who is Brad?

Can someone help with this?

Thanks!!;)

That would be me.

Yes, to be released from your current GA you just need a signed letter to that effect. Can be a one liner. We don't to anything in the health market anymore but have most of the life and annuity carriers that most people want access to.

That's completely untrue. Even to say half of them will is pushing it, but might be right.

You may want to research that before you call someone out. Off the top of my head....
AG
Assurity
AXA
Aviva
Allianz
Banner
John Hancock
ING
Lincoln
MET
MOO
North American
Principle
Protective
PRU
Trans

I know I am forgetting some.

You may want to research that before you call someone out. Off the top of my head....

Assurity

Alright friend.

Your claim was that nearly all of them will.

Assurity will not, and that one was on your list.

Also on the list of carriers that won't:

Fidelity
Forethought
Royal Neighbors
UHL
American Progressive/Universal American
Presidential
Madison

Again, you said almost all do, and that simply isn't true.

Back