Getting Started with Group Plans

Does anyone have success with in-person cold calling for group business?

Depends on what you consider success to be.

10% of calls turn into leads. Of that 10% maybe 50% turn into prospects. Of the prospects you might close 10%.

I understand the importance of consistency, etc., but what I've found difficult to do effectively...whether cold call or in person...is to communicate that I can truly help.

I'm very confident, I know my products, etc., and often times I know their current benefits because employee referred me to them....

How do I get an HR rep, office manager, to see that they truly need my help if they are so "busy" to care?

BTW...I'm not saying that I'm the only person that can help, but I do find a lot of groups have crappy coverage, etc. when they could have something better.

Our credit union service organization (CUSO) is an authorized insurance agency recently obtained a Broker appointment from Colonial Life. I was told that as a broker, we cannot serve as enrollers or openers for our employer accounts but would have to use Colonial Life appointed agents. Our CUSO has licensed agents L& H agents that could do this. Can anyone provide us some advice?

I recently was awarded contracting with Aetna to sell their Employee Benefits products. My problem is that I HAVE NO IDEA where to begin. Currently I am selling Med-Sups etc. but would like to use the full scope of my Life and Health license.

Can anyone help me out or point me in the right direction to get this off the ground. I am a new agent but by the luck of the draw I know quite a few small business owners and have access to even more through my parents.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I would be starting with small business owners*

Were you able to find anything that was helpful? Just been handed a group and don't have a GA to go to. I like the idea of setting up a meeting with the carriers, did you have any success?

I would hazard a guess from his User Name and state flag that he is in Pennsylvania!;)

BTW, PAins, I think this is a tough time to get started in selling group plans with Obamacare imminent. You would be better off sticking with Med Supps and maybe adding FE.

Yes, I see the flag now. I am somewhat new to this forum, so thank you for your clarification.

Back