• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Giving Quotit the Boot

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
Finally made the decision to fire Quotit next week. It has been a long run, and mostly good, but they are not perfect. Have noticed a marked decline in customer service since Word & Brown bought them.

After a lot of thought and number crunching, I can't see paying them $100/mo for a quote engine that is essentially useless for the next 7 months. Now that I see how carriers are pricing Obamacare in GA I figure I can run the next abbreviated open enrollment without the benefit of a quote engine.

$1200 a year for a service that is useful for 2 - 3 months doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Anyone else going to pull the plug on their engine?

I'm going to hold on to mine at $75/mo for norvax considering I have too many leads/clients in their system already loaded. The new cost to a new customer is higher than what I pay now, and it's really just for 7 months. In the FL and AZ, there is more competition (6-8 carriers), and it makes it much easier to show clients on the screen the why and why nots of each. Plus, just one SEP a month will pay for itself. It's really the only expense I have, and consider it the cost of doing biz.

I have leads in the Quotit system as well but I have started downloading them and sorting them out. I have no idea what their current rate is but can't justify it for 7 months down time followed by 2 - 3 months of activity that interferes with my Medicare marketing efforts.

If I wasn't invested in Medicare I would probably keep it around.

Finally made the decision to fire Quotit next week. It has been a long run, and mostly good, but they are not perfect. Have noticed a marked decline in customer service since Word & Brown bought them.

After a lot of thought and number crunching, I can't see paying them $100/mo for a quote engine that is essentially useless for the next 7 months. Now that I see how carriers are pricing Obamacare in GA I figure I can run the next abbreviated open enrollment without the benefit of a quote engine.

$1200 a year for a service that is useful for 2 - 3 months doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Anyone else going to pull the plug on their engine?

Bob - I posed the exact same question on this forum back in December. I agree with you that this essentially becomes a 3 month product.

I dropped the "On exchange" part of quotit...as that is a complete waste. That will drop you down from the $100 to about $60. Everything I need to sell on exchange is on healthcare.gov when I enroll people. I can do my lookups on ehealth......and advise the client accordingly. I have my own contact data base as well. I don't expect to sell much health for a while now......other than STM when someone wants something affordable for a while. If I focused on lots of states, then it might be different.

Like you, I am glad I have another gig.....that being LTC and ancillary products.

Last edited:
Norvax inexplicably charges me an extra $100 this month. I will be dropping the On-Exchange portion of their service and scaling back some others.

I also pay HealthConnect $55 per month and I don't know if I will keep that.

Back