Going Back PT to Insurance

NWABCS

Expert
(I should have posted this in this forum I believe. Sorry for the double post. Mods feel free to delete the other if in wrong spot.)

I had my health license in 05 and had two bad experiences. One company sent me to training and in a sit down with the one trainer, he told us all the "dark side" to the company taking away commissions and other activities. It spooked almost all of us. I wanted to speak with my manager about it but she stood me up twice and that was that. The second company provided a bit better experience. Great people, great training, and I was excited. Unfortunately, my neighbor right across the street worked for the same company, hit up just about everyone in a 50 mile radius, and had a few telemarketers working for her. I'd left there and for a few weeks after, I'd gotten flooded with emails from insurance companies all over job boards stating how "my resume peaked my interest". I decided to just get away from insurance. My license expired in 2007.

Back in 2011 I talked about getting back to insurance. Everyone here was very helpful. Anywasys, I had met with a company called AGLA. They loved me and were very anxious for me to start but after thinking about it, I decided that with my job and school, it was not a good fit. I graduated in May (AAS in HR and AAS in Marketing) and I have much more time now. I don't want to go FT into insurance, just PT at least to start. I have a job I love. Insurance would be a nice pet to have and if I build up my business well enough, it could turn into my career.

One of my professors last semester said that I'd be good in sales and insurance might be the way to go. He'd said to look into something with group insurance since I'm good at giving presentations in front of a large group. He said finding a forum and talking to people in the industry is a good way to go. I know no better forum than here.

So here I am, someone looking to "dip their toe" in to the insurance water and not sure which way I want to go or where to begin. I know there is a wealth of knowledge and help here. It's way better than going to Monster, Careerbuilder, or Craigslist and searching "Insurance".

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Don't.

Don't come back. You opted to leave, not once, but twice. You want a nice "pet" project. Sell Organo Gold coffee. You don't need to be licensed for it, and it something that all your friends and family drink. Why not make money every time someone pours themselves a cup.

Or...

LegalShield. What a great product. Whether it is to fight a traffic ticket, or have a neighbor removed from the complex, you have the legal world at your fingertips...all for less than $20 a month!

Or...

Boresha Coffee. Lose weight while you drink coffee. Specifically designed by a Dr. to lose weight with the Low Glycemic Index. Coffee, Tea, Code Breaker, and soon to come, supplements. This is a way to help those around you lose weight, prevent/reverse Diabetes, and look 20 years younger.

But, for God Sake, not Insurance!
:no:

All those CE Courses!
:no:

Don't do it! Not even Part Time. You won't be helping ANYBODY!
:1arghh:

Just my two cents, do what you want.
:twitchy:

Back