Google Changes - Article Directories

Article Marketing is mostly wasting of time, so it won't hurt too much most of us

Article Directory Marketing might be a waste of time for some, but true Article Marketing is certainly not. Posting a few articles randomly on EzineArticles.com won't do much at all. Getting articles syndicated is a whole 'nother game, as they say.

Yea.....people are just dieing to read about insurance......

Article Directory Marketing might be a waste of time for some, but true Article Marketing is certainly not. Posting a few articles randomly on EzineArticles.com won't do much at all. Getting articles syndicated is a whole 'nother game, as they say.

Article marketing is what it is. It's a good place to establish starter backlinks with keyword density that you control.

You can also take your articles you write, if they're worth half a ****, and send them to local newspapers. I do that anytime there is a good news item, and several papers run my stories, along with me getting called by other papers for interviews etc. Since I already wrote the damn stories for the articles online, it is not extra work.

I have no clue why other people don't do it, other than they just never try.

Free tip, if there is a change in medicare rules, run stories in papers where seniors live, and supply your number for questions. Who still reads the paper? Who doesn't understand things without asking questions? Who do you think will call you to ask when they don't understand?

I sold 5 medsupps off a 200 word article in 1 paper about the coverage gap changes last season.

Newspapers don't have people on staff that are insurance experts.

All that I've done for the last year is article marketing and after this last algorithm change, I go from non-existent to page 1. I'm going to continue to write articles and stay the course.

How much does having a non-existent link effect your site?

I still like Article directories. Yea, there's a lot of no-follow ones and they got hammered for the "original content" changes, but they make sense as part of your overall 6-prong SEO strategy. Or 7-prong. Or 8-prong.

WebNanny was not used in this post
WebContent was used in this post

Yea.....people are just dieing to read about insurance......

Sure they are, they just don't know it. People will read nearly anything with a strong hook that touches their pains/fears.

"Dr. Ima Doogooder Says 77.5% Of All Bankruptcies Caused By Inadequate Insurance Coverage."

Who wants to go bankrupt? Think a topic like that might not stir some interest? It's a totally bogus example, but that's the kind of title that will get views and cause a lot of people to consider their coverage, no matter what angle the article might take (even if the article says Dr. Doogooder is a liar). Really, some people wouldn't even have to read that article to be prompted to action.

Article marketing is polarizing, but it works.

All that I've done for the last year is article marketing and after this last algorithm change, I go from non-existent to page 1. I'm going to continue to write articles and stay the course.

Bob
Care to share any details?
How many articles a month?
Are you also creating new content on your site(s)?
If so are you duplicating the article?
Spin or no spin?
Linking strategy?

Back