Got Rolled by Mickey Mouse and Mom/Dad

Selling like dating control as much as you can, when you ask a woman to marry you:
a) You should be shocked at the answer (if you did it right)
b) If she says Yes, then says my parents changed my mind on our agreement.....We've got WORK to do on 'reading' the situation and knowing if people are follow the leader, YOU.

Ahh yes....the date analogy

Ahh yes....the date analogy

Dance with 'da one that brung 'ya, buddy......

* I have NOT found a better, more 'universal' subject that crosses all lines, cultures
and languages for folks to UNDERSTAND the sometimes illogical fallacy of human 'decision-making' behavior.

Everybody inherently 'gets' it whether they 'agree' with the outcome or not isn't relevant....
the score can't be denied.

I know, i use it a lot but it works, go figure.
Teachers/mentors use the "tools" that work
(Our country use Marines to 'fix chit' cause Devil Dogs work
Semper fi...baby..if it ain't broke)

New analogy for 'ya Bacon...
Why run the mile when the money(and the girls:1tongue:) is into the 100.....

(Some "might not" get THAT one but they'd ALL get the one below)

Why plan a whole day, when ALL it takes is a wine cooler, some Barry White and 2 condoms....

Take ur pick:goofy:

(Let's post the results, of which gets the point across quicker with no more info needed)

Last edited:
Moonlight, no, they did not disclose they would be talking to her parents. In fact, she was all for getting insurance in place. The boyfriend is very cautious and wanted time to think about it. I told him that's great, lets get the ball rolling and if you change your mind when I deliver the policies, so be it. I genuinely believe they did not have a check on them. I don't carry checks on me and only keep them in stock to pay the mortgage. Otherwise, I'd not have them. In that situation, banks are closed, they don't have a check book, what do you do? Kind of against the wall as I didn't see anyway of obtaining the checking information.

I also realize people buy on emotions, not logic...which is why Mickey kicked my arse on this one. I didn't find the pain well enough. They believe is something were to happen to one of them, the parents would take over with their daughter and help with finances. I'm not giving up on them, they'll get a phone call every 6 months to touch base.

Every company I deal with has a form to be used when there are no checks available. All you needed was the account number. You can get the routing number from the bank or a search engine.

Not having checks on them is no excuse.

Filled out 3 policies on young, unmarried couple Saturday evening, had everything but checking information, but confirmed they wanted to move forward. Flash forward to this afternoon. They talked to her parents who said they should use their money to go to Disney World this year instead....... They were small policies, $70 total a month. But, they were the first 3 apps I went through on my own. They have no savings and he has a term policy through work(he doesn't know face amount or income multiplier amount). I believe they would be benefiting from this purchase, but I failed to do my job and help them see the benefits. Just venting.

At least in P&C, when they say no, I've not gotten to know them as personally like in this process. Stings a tad more. Not directly because I got rejected but because I do feel like I've failed them and anyone who would be impacted by their premature demise. Can someone pass the popcorn, bon bons, and tissues?

Tomorrow is a new day though!

I would have said to them that the concept of using money that was earmarked for their family financial security to go see Mickey is just downright Goofy!

Seriously though you never really had a real client there and had they followed through with the application they would have would have canceled the bank draft the next time they needed an extra 70.00 for something urgent like to buy fresh new ring tones for their cell phones or some Sham Wows.

After I "Back the hearse up to them" and before I start filling out applications I find out how they are paying. Seriously get that part over with before you start the applications. I love it well I don't have a check with me...well without a payment this application is no good so do you want to go get your check, or if you bank online you can print one of your cleared checks and we can use that or (if the company allows it) your credit card.

Keep your head up and follow up with them...

Back