GTL Individual Health

GTL is a second tier carrier at best. More like a third tier.

They can say anything in a meeting but the rubber meets the road when they actually put it in writing.

I don't suppose these marketing Einstein's provided you with a link to a brochure on this new & improved product.

You sound like someone who is drinking the KoolAid.

GTL good, all others bad.

The major carriers in GA are Aetna, GR, Humana. Add in BX (just because people will expect to see a Blue quote and they are currently giving away the store in underwriting) and KP since you are in their marketing zone.

If you are a real glutton for punishment, showcase Coventry but don't count on getting anything thru underwriting.

All of those are brand name carriers. Why do you feel a need to offer GTL?

I have similar comments for Antex and Imerica.

No, no - did you miss the thread?

Tom from "Insura-double-wide" (outside of Valdosta?) said that ANTEX was the nuts.

Go Red Soxs!

Hey sunlight - try and quote people correctly pal.

GTL - like GR and others utilize the exact same PPO's - PHCS and others.

2nd tier / 3rd tier - who cares as long as the client gets what they pay for and the claims are paid ? ? ?

GTL has some decent plans that are competitive in certain States . . .

Sell it you can I always say . . .

Thank goodness I leave health to the old hens . . .

Tom

thanks for that .....I was looking for that thread....

GTL??

brandy was here in austin and seemed really nice, but STI was telling her the plan she was selling was not approved here in TX and she kind of disappeared off this board- I do not recall if we ever got the issue resolved : if it was really approved...

If I drank the kool-aid then I would of offered this as an option to a client. Interesting observation. My point or inquiry was to find somebody that had experience with this carrier. I have my doubts but hope to find some first hand experience with this company. They have a rating of B+ by A.M. Best and that would make them a 2nd tier health company. As a responsible person, I have been supporting Aetna, Humana, Kaiser, and once in while BCBS. We are responsible to help people find the best coverage for their dollar. I stopped offering Assurant because they became resistant to paying claims far beyond the normal push back that most carriers go through. GTL is claiming to provide more benefit for the dollar. If they do not pay claims and raise premiums beyond normal expectation, I would not offer their product. I do not plan on offering their product if the only information I have is what I know now. Is there anybody out there with GTL clients and not having problems. Is there anybody out there having problems with GTL?

Go Dodgers
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I didn't get an appointment with Iamerica or Antex either.

Go Dodgers again!

Last edited:
Go Dodgers
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I didn't get an appointment with Iamerica or Antex either.

Go Dodgers again!

I like Coach Torre.

The Braves made a mistake when they fired him. Although Coach Cox has been 'da bomb - I personally believe it all began when Coach Torre was the Manager . . .

Tom

GTL is claiming to provide more benefit for the dollar.

They can claim anything.

Still don't have a link to the new, even more improved policy with greater benefits for the dollar?

Is there anybody out there with GTL clients and not having problems. Is there anybody out there having problems with GTL?

I have yet to find a reason to offer GTL, so the answer would be no. I have not had problems since I would not put a client in a product with a 2nd/3rd tier carrier.

I have my doubts but hope to find some first hand experience with this company. They have a rating of B+ by A.M. Best and that would make them a 2nd tier health company.

I do not know if that is true (I don't sell GTL), but I do know that you better check with your E&O carrier if it is. My policy, at least, requires me to use only A- or better carriers.

Back