Guaranteed Issue Companies

Thanks everyone, I have a client who was just put on an alzheimers med and was looking for a GI for him. I am appointed with MoO however I am not finding any GI with them. I will look at the others mentioned above. Are any of the other companies mentioned above have a hard appointment process?

Moo GI is only on the agent side. Gerber is probably the closest thing.

They have ROP plans but they are not GI.

----------

Yes they do, as does Americo. But those weren't mentioned.

I know you knew that. Don't know why I clicked on your comment to post that.

----------

Columbian Life and United Home Life also have GI. I think they've all been listed now.

OK...maybe I'm missing something. A GI plan, at least in my understanding has no medical UW and usually a ROP if the client passes in the first couple of years. I bring this up because of something someone said. Now I'm wondering if my understanding is slightly flawed?

Or am I correct and may have access to a product someone else does not?

OK...maybe I'm missing something. A GI plan, at least in my understanding has no medical UW and usually a ROP if the client passes in the first couple of years. I bring this up because of something someone said. Now I'm wondering if my understanding is slightly flawed?

A true GI policy has no health questions(no UW) and will be issued no matter what(as long as they're within the age limits). They all return the premium paid plus interest(5-20%) if the insured dies from anything other than accident in the 1st 2 years the policy's in force(I think there's 1 that's 3 years).

All the true GI plans you can have been mentioned in this thread. In addition there's MOFO that you can't sell unless you're a career agent with them. There're others such as Met Life, Mass Mutual, Colonial Penn, Fidelity Life and a few others sold through the mail or off T.V.

There are very few true GI plans out there. Some call themselves GI but then they have restrictions on what you can write with them.

One example was the old Presidential. It was supposed to be GI but they agent guide told you to not place a person in the hospital or nursing home on it. Also no HIV or AIDS.

UHL is like that now. They say it's GI but they have restrictions.

Then you have some like Settlers bronze and SNL's graded, {which is ROP even though they say graded}. They will accept many conditions but not all. They are "almost" GI. Same for AmCon's modified. It's a 2 year ROP and is priced very well for non smokers. It's not GI though.

KSKJ has an excellent modified. ROP plus 10% for the first year and then 40% and up for the second year and priced very well. It is not GI. Not even really almost GI.

Out in the field if you have a good assortment of companies it's rare to ever actually need a true GI. Newer agent seem to default to ROP way too early.

You have to know what conditions they will take even on the supposed GI plans and you also have to know the back end rules that fo along with those plans.

I run into a lot of Gi or "near Gi". Present oxygen,Kidney dialysis,Present cancer. Heart attack the last 1 yr,Hep C.Amputation due to disease. There are a few co's that will take some of the above ailments graded and a few that will even take level. The problem is when a person has one of the above they also have many other ailments.

In my state

Gerber

Kemper

NGL

All are pretty good at 70% or so. I did one yesterday for 63 female and all the companies where pretty close. I don't have a Gerber appointment cause they want 100's thousands in premium a year. I sell final expenses but not in that much volume. Hope that helps. I am happy with Kemper and NGL.

In my state

Gerber

Kemper

NGL

All are pretty good at 70% or so. I did one yesterday for 63 female and all the companies where pretty close. I don't have a Gerber appointment cause they want 100's thousands in premium a year. I sell final expenses but not in that much volume. Hope that helps. I am happy with Kemper and NGL.

$100. maybe a year.

Back