Has Anyone Done Any "in Service Distributions" on 401K's?

Insurance Man

Expert
Hey has anyone done any "in service distributions" with 401k's"? I had an annuity company talk to me about that and wondered if it has been successful with anyone of you. It sounds good especially with this economy the way it is.

Bruce

Hey has anyone done any "in service distributions" with 401k's"? I had an annuity company talk to me about that and wondered if it has been successful with anyone of you. It sounds good especially with this economy the way it is.

Bruce

I've done some....First the Plan must allow for inservice withdrawals...I had luck with people that worked for Sears at least at the time all company match was invested in Company Stock....The plan didn't allow for the withdrawal of the match but some employees liked the idea of moving an equal amount out of the plan into somethign else.

I think now is a good time for in service distributions with the way the economy is. I heard in the news that the average 401k is down 40%. I am looking at this because people can diversify and put at least the employers contribution in a safe investment.

I think now is a good time for in service distributions with the way the economy is. I heard in the news that the average 401k is down 40%. I am looking at this because people can diversify and put at least the employers contribution in a safe investment.

I know you probably mean an amount equal to the employers contribution...most 401Ks that I have seen that allow in service withdrawals don't allow the employer match to be withdrawn.

Latest posts

Back