• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Health Care is Next

Maybe a tad off topic, but you know what just kills me about this GM/Chrysler fiasco?

Last fall during the first round of bailouts, Mitt Romney and Sen. Kyl from AZ, guys who know a little about business, said that we shouldn't throw good money after bad. An orderly bankruptcy proceeding for GM and Chrysler was inevitable.

So where are we now?

We could have been six months down the road on it, but do you think those nincompoops and idiots in Congress would listen?

Brutal.

So, I've got to ask...
If you guys were government officials with the ability to try to fix all this, what would you do?
What is your solution to the banks ,the auto industry and healthcare?

Maybe a tad off topic, but you know what just kills me about this GM/Chrysler fiasco?

Last fall during the first round of bailouts, Mitt Romney and Sen. Kyl from AZ, guys who know a little about business, said that we shouldn't throw good money after bad. An orderly bankruptcy proceeding for GM and Chrysler was inevitable.

So where are we now?

We could have been six months down the road on it, but do you think those nincompoops and idiots in Congress would listen?

Brutal.

This is about bailing out the UAW and trying to bailout Michigan.

The UAW, MI and the feds killed the golden goose with greed, govt regulations & taxes etc etc.

They cannot believe the goose is dead now. They hate capitalism but likes the money it generates until they kill it.

They should have carved up AIG (many parts were not even at risk of failure) and guaranteed the insurance portion on the crap they sold to overseas (unsuspecting) investors. For the US investors that purchased the crap, they weren't unsuspecting.

For the automakers, they should have gone bankrupt long ago. It's the only way to start fresh and move on.

Healthcare - the only way it's going to work long run is through competition, and of course, there should be a greater requirement for personal responsibility.

What gives you the impression that they have the "ability"? Is it their track record of success?

Did any of them ever run any business? No. They seem to know about thuggery like the UAW, community organizing, ACORN, etc.

Obama's accomplishments include suing Citicorp for CRA loans to force the bank to lend money who had no chance in repaying the loan. Did he ever pass the bar exam? I know she never passed.

So, I've got to ask...
If you guys were government officials with the ability to try to fix all this, what would you do?
What is your solution to the banks ,the auto industry and healthcare?

I see that you just joined in March 2009. Welcome.

It would probably be instructive to go back and read the posts under the non-insurance section for the last few months to see the different views if you have that interest.

Back