• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Health Care is Next

A friend sent this. Seems appropriate for this thread.

Back in 1990, the Government seized the Mustang Ranch brothel in Nevada for tax evasion and, as required by law, tried to run it. They failed and it closed. Now we are trusting the economy of our country and our banking system to the same nit-wits who couldn't make money running a whore house and selling whiskey.

A friend sent this. Seems appropriate for this thread.

Back in 1990, the Government seized the Mustang Ranch brothel in Nevada for tax evasion and, as required by law, tried to run it. They failed and it closed. Now we are trusting the economy of our country and our banking system to the same nit-wits who couldn't make money running a whore house and selling whiskey.

You do know that's an urban myth, right?
The government siezed it and it was shut down and sold it.
But...they would have screwed it up if they tried.

Just thought you might want to know...The President doesn't make $250k a year. When President Bush came into office he gave himself a raise from $250K to $450K ($200K) raise with a stroke of the pen. So the President now makes $450k year (Obama). They saw inflation coming (Obviously knew this) so they needed a raise.

Just thought you might want to know...The President doesn't make $250k a year. When President Bush came into office he gave himself a raise from $250K to $450K ($200K) raise with a stroke of the pen.

Sort of but not really. The Constitution prohibits sitting presidents from receiving a raise. The raise that Bush "gave himself" was actually approved two years earlier in the Clinton administration before we even knew who the next president would be- as the Contstitution intended. Approval means approval of Congress as well.

So, I've got to ask...
If you guys were government officials with the ability to try to fix all this, what would you do?
What is your solution to the banks ,the auto industry and healthcare?

Is this from the liberal handbook or something? I've had three liberal friends recently ask me "what's your solution?" Mine is simple. Keep the crooks and liars in government who can't run a thing out of it. Is that a good start?

Back