Health Equity Act

Our enemies are probably laughing their ass off at our diverse military. All the colors of the rainbow, at least 47 genders and any kind of body modification.

Unless they all have their trigger finger cut off... I highly doubt that statement.

In Syria, we wiped out 300 russian soldiers (wagner) in just 10 minutes about 2 years ago.

The US Military is stronger and more capable than it has ever been.

Trying to enact social polices from the 1950s is not going to strengthen our military, it will weaken it.

Unless we turn it back around, China will defeat us without firing a shot, especially with China Joe's help.

I'll throw a little gas on that fire.

Ever heard of Thucydides Trap? I guarantee every higher up in political/military strategy has. It's tendency for war to be the result of an emerging power threatening to overtake the dominant one.

We (rightly) don't want war with China. Not because we'd lose, but because winning doesn't look good in that scenario either. It's not crazy (or completely justified, to be fair) to think we're witnessing a strategy to avoid the Trap.

If the US is weakened (and I'm not just talking militarily), we're less likely to go to war to prevent being overtaken as the globally-dominant power. Sounds bad, but there are powerful people who see an upside to that. It would further open the door to getting us to adopt a much greater system of control (like China's), which would allow us to be corralled into a more "sustainable" future.

Happy Friday!

Too bad this has morphed into a political debate . . . that was not the intent. One last comment and the rest of you can take over.

@Lee Vena summed it up succinctly . . . equal access does not mean equal results.

I don't feel like we need purple docs to treat purple people. I also don't see why the military, first responder, or judicial system has to be stocked with folks based on arbitrary characteristics. We have already modified the entry qualifications to allow obese and physically unfit people into the ranks for the sake of equity, not ability and skill set.

When I need a doc my criteria is that they are qualified for the position. Same for any other trade or profession.

I don't want a surgeon who finished last in their class or an airline pilot that was hired based on skin color, gender or who they slept with last night.

My criteria do not have to reflect your criteria and this is not a case of I am right and you are wrong . . . or vice versa.

Too bad this has morphed into a political debate . . . that was not the intent. One last comment and the rest of you can take over.

@Lee Vena summed it up succinctly . . . equal access does not mean equal results.

I don't feel like we need purple docs to treat purple people. I also don't see why the military, first responder, or judicial system has to be stocked with folks based on arbitrary characteristics. We have already modified the entry qualifications to allow obese and physically unfit people into the ranks for the sake of equity, not ability and skill set.

When I need a doc my criteria is that they are qualified for the position. Same for any other trade or profession.

I don't want a surgeon who finished last in their class or an airline pilot that was hired based on skin color, gender or who they slept with last night.

My criteria do not have to reflect your criteria and this is not a case of I am right and you are wrong . . . or vice versa.

Yet, you bring up race, sexuality, etc and somehow don’t intend for it to become political. What a sense of humor you have.

"equal access does not mean equal results."

Which is why I used Serena Williams as my example. :)

Back