Healthcare - They Can't Give It Away

Yagents

Guru
5000 Post Club
Arizona
Free food. Check. Non-paid unbiased bi lingual volunteers. Check. 250,000 uninsured locally. Check. Provide free healthcare. Check. Result = 70 attendees.

I see the future of the exchanges, and it ain't pretty. Looks like a PCIP redux. Our leader feels that everyone wants coverage. But, most of the uninsured don't want insurance before the illness/accident. Looks like insurance is still sold.

---------------------------------
Organizers hope South L.A. healthcare initiative expands - latimes.com
Inside the Fremont High School gymnasium, orange-shirted volunteers offered guidance on the type of health insurance available to Sencion, her husband and three of her children, none of whom currently has coverage.

Sencion was one of roughly 70 who showed up at the event, staged to inform residents about the patchwork of healthcare programs provided by the county, the state and the Affordable Care Act, President Obama's healthcare reform law. That tepid response discouraged organizers, who said South Los Angeles hasmore than 231,000 uninsured.

Coordinators of the health fair had 150 breakfasts, 200 lunches and 300 bags of healthful groceries available to attendees.

They probably thought it was an INS trick.

I suppose they have Serpico with Spanish subtitles.

Last edited by a moderator:
The people making policy have not a clue of reality in the trenches with the poor.

The article stated a "took in a two-hour PowerPoint" WTF
You lost all 70 of those people attending in 45 minutes.

The other stat in the article is 40% of the uninsured are illegals.
The community wants to find options for them with state tax dollars.

If the health care laws stay on the books the poor are screwed.
All of the current subsidized programs outside of medicaid will be gone. CHIP gone!
The only way they will be able to enroll is online. Do you think social services is going to set up computer work stations for these people? I don't.

Back