Help Me, Help Me, Please.

Frank Stastny

Guru
5000 Post Club
Florida
Jacqueline and I are building a restaurant and hope to open in June.

I have contacted a web designer to build a landing page so we can have a presence on the net while we are still under construction. So far she, the designer, has ignored what we told her we want. What she has come up with it not even close to what we have requested and already has sent us a statement for "work already done".

I need someone who is creative, knows what they are doing, isn't going to blow smoke up my ass, knows how to listen, will talk to Jacqueline on the phone and implement her ideas.

Once we are closer to opening we will also need a website built. Right now we just want a, knock your socks off, page showing that we are opening soon.

Can you tell I'm just a little frustrated at this point? :D

Oh, the name of our restaurant is "Jacquie Oh's", we have already captured JacquieOhs.com. We will be serving "regional Italian dishes with well paired wines in a comfortable, relaxed atmosphere". (Our tag line.) We have an awesome logo that says "Bistro & Wine Bar" under "Jacquie Oh's".

The best number to reach me on is 573.544.4091.

Wow! Sounds VERY exciting! A site I've used about 5 times that I've been thrilled with is Elance | Outsource to freelance professionals, experts, and consultants - Get work done on Elance

You can post your job and your budget. You'll get bids from everyone - U.S. and foreign. You get to see the work and past ratings from the companies and people who bid on your job.

Best part is the money is held in escrow until you sign off on the job that you're satisfied. It will also give you a fantastic idea of what you're job actually costs since reputable companies will come in with very similar bids.

Last edited:
Wow! Sounds VERY exciting! A site I've used about 5 times that I've been thrilled with is Elance | Outsource to freelance professionals, experts, and consultants - Get work done on Elance

You can post your job and your budget. You'll get bids from everyone - U.S. and foreign. You get to see the work and past ratings from the companies and people who bid on your job.

Best part is the money is held in escrow until you sign off on the job that you're satisfied. It will also give you a fantastic idea of what you're job actually costs since reputable companies will come in with very similar bids.

Thanks John. Yes, we are very excited about it, this is 100% Jacqueline's project. She has many years experience running fine dining restaurants. Now she wants to own one. The only thing I know about restaurants is how to make reservations.

We will have a total of 4,000 sq feet in doors and a fenced patio. It will have a separate meeting room that will seat about 80 people.

We want to make a real "splash" when we open. I told Jacqueline that it is her turn to support me in the manner I want to be accustomed to. :D

In order to get very accurate bids, post every detail about exactly what you're looking for. You might want to include sites you currently like as an example of what you're looking for.

There are very few top notch designers out there who charge reasonable rates.

What you'll find far too much of is "web designers" who only know how to slap up a template site and have the creative genes of my cat. Then the opposite end of the spectrum are true graphic artists who will want countless thousands for a site.

Right in the middle are people who do quality work, do NOT use templates and are priced right. Elance will find them. Paying someone for a template is like hiring a chef that makes Hamburger Helper.

Also, for a restaurant please make sure the site's viewable on mobile devices. There's nothing more frustrating for my wife and I then to be out of the house, try to pull up a restaurant's site and hit a flash page.

Last edited:
There's nothing more frustrating for my wife and I then to be out of the house, try to pull up a restaurant's site and hit a flash page.

Second that! Also make sure your phone number, address, and hours are on the home page (in text, not an image, so customers can easily click-and-call from their smart phone). I hate digging around find this stuff.

By the way, I think it's awesome that this insurance forum has gotten web savvy enough that it's a good place to go for website advice... for a restaurant!

I saw a restaurant that was next to a gas station and the billboard said "Eat and get gas!"
I liked it.

Back