Help with Project 200

After you send out that initial "notification" letter to those 200 (and sit down with them to brainstorm names, etc.), I'd keep mailing a newsletter or something to them.

Why?
1. If you don't continuously remind them of what you do, they'll do business with someone else. Guaranteed.

2. You'll increase in prestige, knowledge and reputation with each mailing you do. It's a commitment to show that you're in this for the long haul.

Of course, do this after you've made some money. The Virtual Sales Assistant has some customizable newsletters you can use.

Unless you can get the NYL office to pick up the tab on the mailing....When I was with a NYL office some mailing where covered...I know the mailing for my project 200 was taken care of by the office and some other type of mailings were covered..

I am currently in the midst of trying to set appointments with my "project200" list and I am starting to question my ability to do this. My training manager keeps wanting me to drive to his office ( about 90 miles a way) so that I can do a "phone session". In addition, he left a voice message for me last night saying that I need to write him a check for $245 to cover a security deposit and first months lease on a computer. It's getting really hard to represent this company and I am starting to think I need to make a change.

The really odd thing that I noticed was that when they had me come to their office for the phone session, they put me in an office with no phone!! I had to use my own cell phone minutes AND $35 in gas to get there. I just didn't think it was very hospitable.

I am currently in the midst of trying to set appointments with my "project200" list and I am starting to question my ability to do this. My training manager keeps wanting me to drive to his office ( about 90 miles a way) so that I can do a "phone session". In addition, he left a voice message for me last night saying that I need to write him a check for $245 to cover a security deposit and first months lease on a computer. It's getting really hard to represent this company and I am starting to think I need to make a change.

The really odd thing that I noticed was that when they had me come to their office for the phone session, they put me in an office with no phone!! I had to use my own cell phone minutes AND $35 in gas to get there. I just didn't think it was very hospitable.

What company are you with? This is what I am trying to avoid

I'd ditch that deal in a heartbeat.

I think there can be a benefit by calling from a branch office when others are also calling because you can here others as they book appointments and it helps to keep your energy up...Having said that I'm not sure I would drive 90 minutes to be put in a room by myself to call on my cell( Upside of always using a phone under your control is the numbers you give out will follow you as you leave the company). Was your manager involved in your calling? If not I'd consider dropping this dea like a lead ballon...How helpful is the office 90 minutes from you going to be....Second what is so great about this computer $245 for first month and security deposit, sounds like a great deal for them because you are financing this computer and when you leave its still belongs to them...

At $245, after 2 months, you bought that computer! Okay, maybe 3 months, but I'd avoid that deal if it all possible.

Dan

P.S. Yes, I know sometimes its unavoidable to pay these types of things. Somebody in management probably truly thought they were doing agents a favor at one point......

At $245, after 2 months, you bought that computer! Okay, maybe 3 months, but I'd avoid that deal if it all possible.

I'm a big mac fan and so I pay much more than that, but the damn life carriers I've started using require a PC. I got a brand new laptop for $400!

My theory is your friends and family will know what you do for a living, dont push them.

First of all, they KNOW you are new and they know you dont have a clue what you are doing!

If you start to become successful, they will come to you when they are ready, I have heard it a hundred times, I like my agent and like the company, I say thats kool, I have no issues with that.
2 months later they trade in a car, call the agent and get pissed off because they been with that agent for 20 years and the agent doesnt have a clue who they are. Guess what, first phone call is to me. Thx for the 3 cars, house, 5th wheel and business policy.

Let them all come to you.

You can ask a friend to practice your presentation on him and get his advice, but let the friends and family approach you.

Plus, I have always said, save your friends and family for when you need a couple extra policies to qualify for a trip or bonus....use them when you need them.

Also, if could breeze thru your friends and family and think this business is super easy, then when that well dries up, you will find out how difficult it is to start in this business.

Also, the managers know you more than likely will fail, they want your friends and family for future leads!

Back