Here It is Drudge Report Headline

I sure hope I get a big commission.. that is very important to me..anyone know when we will know? phil said a few days , a few days ago.

The commission rates are going to be regulated as well. The figures I saw were between 1%-2 1/2%. Don't get your hopes up...

The commission rates are going to be regulated as well. The figures I saw were between 1%-2 1/2%. Don't get your hopes up...

Dan, maybe your manager and/or the contract you signed is why your figures only show 1% to 2.5%. The percentage will be higher for independent agents who negotiate their own rate of pay.

If the carriers want Obamacare to completely bomb they would pay us those low rates. If they want people actually enrolled, they are going to have to compensate the only sales force that really drives most sales.

If the carriers want Obamacare to completely bomb they would pay us those low rates. If they want people actually enrolled, they are going to have to compensate the only sales force that really drives most sales.

Right! And it won't bomb due to a lack of sign-ups, but due to a lack of QUALITY sign-ups. The system will be flooded by those who need medical care, and insurance carriers will FIND WAYS to stop the enrollments as soon as they possibly can.

On the other hand, agents will bring civility and greater longevity to the exchanges and insurers. We will ensure that people in relatively good health get matched to a quality company and enroll in 2014, without a lot of "churn", or mistakes on the front end. Of course, the carriers who want quality, to offset the sick, will pay agents good commissions.

Dan, maybe your manager and/or the contract you signed is why your figures only show 1% to 2.5%. The percentage will be higher for independent agents who negotiate their own rate of pay.

Thanks for the input. Those were the figures I saw on this forum actually. I am independent, and no, I dont deal in individual health outside of Medicare plans. I'm strictly in Medsupp, LTC, life, and annuity. You guys can have the health market sites and property/casualty

How is it cherry picking when they report an entire range?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Interesting. My math says 176% increase. What math are you using? (percent increase is found by taking the amount of the increase divided by the original amount--362-131=231; 231/131=1.76(100); 176%

Since it is impossible to find identical plans, I would say that by getting as close as possible and comparing them is much more honest than comparing one insurance type to another.

The article that this thread is about took the median and compared it to the median. Statistically speaking, that is the only way you can compare and the results are the results whether you like it or not.

Hey, TimSnip, Mr. Jolley is very good at computer programming and website work, but mathematically challenged as you adroitly pointed out. He's liberal as crap, also, but we can move that issue to another forum.

In any case, I'm glad he's not in charge of figuring my stock increase percentages.

Some people get confused about these things. For example, 20 is 100% larger than 10. But you could also say 20 is 200% of 10, but in that case you're not talking about the increase.

And if Obamacare caused someone's premium to decrease 3000%, it would mean a very large negative number since a decrease of 100% takes you to zero. Obama would be paying me to be covered.

Oops, that's what happens to a lot of people these days... :twitchy:

Back