Hit and run

Jamielyn66

I was involved in a hit-and-run accident where a driver ran a red light hit my car spun me into another car and then took off. The third car is saying that I am liable for damages to their car since my car hit their car even though it was a hit-and-run.Is that true? Has anyone ever dealt with this type of situation? I’m going to send the letter to my insurance company tomorrow but I’m just curious. Thank you.

Why would you send a letter? Your policy and theirs, if there is full coverage, protects you against hit and run. Call your carrier, submit the police report from the accident and they will fix your car and tell the other company to pound sand

I'm sorry I wasn't more clear, my insurance company is already involved. I got a letter in the mail from the other person's insurance company saying I need to pay or give them my insurance information. I'm going to give my insurance company the letter I received is what I meant.

You DO have a police report, right? If the accident happened as you stated you are NOT responsible. Send your carrier a copy of the letter or email and dont worry about it. If you are contacted in the future just give your claim number and the company name and ask them to not contact you in the future

Oh yes, I have a police report as does MY insurance company so I will do that. Thank you so much!!

Back