Hometown Quotes

G

I know this company is a sponsor of the forums so im sure ill get a lot of positive reviews, but i wanted to know how good this company is with non-standard AUTO quotes. I know a lot of you guys do life and health but im looking for auto experiences with this company only. thanks for any help this forum has been great.

Never used them, and definitely not for auto.

A frequent complaint is lack of volume. Bob seems to be aiming for quality versus quantity and it apparently shows. Obviously, area and product line may vary these results.

So I guess my thing is, if you are looking for high volume, they probably aren't the one for you.

I've used them for non-standard auto.
They are about as good as they come, but non-standard leads nowadays seem to be pretty much garbage overall, at least in my area.

So, on a scale of 1-10, where everyone is a 3, they are probably a 3.5 or so, mostly because they seem to screen out a few that shouldn't get through the system.

The bigger problem I had is they couldn't feed it to both my management system (Agency IQ) and to my rating system. It had to be one or the other. Dealing with non-standard, you have to be a bit relentless so I really needed both.

In fairness, I only do non-standard leads for a while, then I back off for a while till the next time I decide I want to kill myself, then I do them for a while again.... Its a unique business :)

Dan

Bob seems to be aiming for quality versus quantity and it apparently shows.

Could have fooled me. I don't like buying leads, but occasionally I do so to shake things up. Very bad experience. Almost every person that I talked to filled out a survey for a free wal-mart gift card. Comparing them to the other two that I bought leads from...they were horrible.

The market was life insurance...

Could have fooled me. I don't like buying leads, but occasionally I do so to shake things up. Very bad experience. Almost every person that I talked to filled out a survey for a free wal-mart gift card. Comparing them to the other two that I bought leads from...they were horrible.

I can't speak from personal experience, that is just the impression I get from most who talk about his leads.

I know this company is a sponsor of the forums so im sure ill get a lot of positive reviews, but i wanted to know how good this company is with non-standard AUTO quotes. I know a lot of you guys do life and health but im looking for auto experiences with this company only. thanks for any help this forum has been great.

Thanks for asking the question.
Actually, our highest volume leads are in this order: Auto, Health, Home, Life, Renters, Med Supp.

So for auto insurance we have really good volume in most states. Bogus leads are bogus....we don't limit credit requests.

Dan, we need to run a survey:) What Agency Mgmt/Lead Mgmt software do folks use? Break them down by what lead type folks use them for also as the P&C guys tend to use different ones than the Health/Life guys.

We do have an integration built out for AgencyIQ as you know but we can't deliver two "posts" with one lead. We can send to AgencyIQ & via email at the same time.

One important thing to remember: I don't make money if you don't make money. That is why I have such a passion to get the quality up, even as was mentioned, that our Quantity went down. This is why it is important for me to have a feedback loop on the quality with our agents. Thus why we don't cap requests for credit. It takes time/money for us to work the leads agents submit for credit. We have to know WHY they are bad. Unfortunately, between 20-40% of requests for leads are declined....why? Because we contact the consumer & find out they are good. We even have connected the consumer to the agent "live" to prove a point. But that's another story I don't need to expand on at this time.

We would love to earn your business if it makes sense for you.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hello Scott,

We've credited 27% of your leads so far & have not worked a couple from the end of last month yet. But with your feedback & that of others, we have turned off the source of all but 2 of the bogus leads you submitted. They kept giving us excuses & saying they were fixing the problem but they were empty promises:(

I hope you continue to work with us & make money on our leads. Give me a call anytime if you'd like to discuss how things are going & ideas. I'm all about improving what we do so you can make more $$.:idea:

Thank you for your business.

Last edited:
Bob - I appreciate you responding to this thread. Anybody working internet leads knows the value of being able to get a response from the company that they are working with. I'm not talking about the order taker, but the person actually empowered to do stuff.

While I feel non-standard leads will always be non-standard leads, the quality of the company makes a big difference after the quality of the lead.

Dan

I will check out the hometown quotes once i have depleted my current lead balance. I will post ROI results in a few weeks for those curious

EDIT: i tried calling this company and was placed on hold for 6 minutes by the automated service just to get a voice mail. no longer interested in this topic. thanks for the help.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will check out the hometown quotes once i have depleted my current lead balance. I will post ROI results in a few weeks for those curious

EDIT: i tried calling this company and was placed on hold for 6 minutes by the automated service just to get a voice mail. no longer interested in this topic. thanks for the help.

Hello Raph3988,
It was 6 pm when you first posted & 6:18 pm for your second saying we didn't answer our phones. We leave the office at 5:30 CST & it sounds like we have the wrong message when you called in!

If you get this, please call my google number as I've forwarded it to my cell at: 615.900.0487 if you'd like to chat this evening.

Thank you & sorry we missed you. But at least we can fix the voice mail. It is 7:45 CST at this moment.

Hello Raph3988,
It was 6 pm when you first posted & 6:18 pm for your second saying we didn't answer our phones. We leave the office at 5:30 CST & it sounds like we have the wrong message when you called in!

If you get this, please call my google number as I've forwarded it to my cell at: 615.900.0487 if you'd like to chat this evening.

Thank you & sorry we missed you. But at least we can fix the voice mail. It is 7:45 CST at this moment.

I've never used them, but it is impressive that the owner cares so much about correcting a customer service issue so quickly.
Us Missouri boys are good peoples. :radar:

Back