HometownQuotes Leads

iiivvioi

Tried Hometown not one decent lead, all deadends- I know that internet leads are tough as they include many shopper but when the service is overselling the leads and most of the morons looking at the sight just want a quote to compare they devalue the lead. Cancelled the service and asked for a refund.:goofy:

Re: HometownQuotes

Have had pretty decent luck with them on the p&c side

76.gif

Last edited:

yeah i mean, its hometown quotes. you have agents who think NETQUOTE is a good company, then you have most agents that think they are the worst thing to ever hit the insurance industry. some people will have luck. you may be in an area that they are selling the lead to 10 other agents. its hit or miss.

yeah i mean, its hometown quotes. you have agents who think NETQUOTE is a good company, then you have most agents that think they are the worst thing to ever hit the insurance industry. some people will have luck. you may be in an area that they are selling the lead to 10 other agents. its hit or miss.

Unfortunately it is mostly miss.

Welcome to the forum iiivvioi.

Thanks for the feedback. I am sorry to hear you didn't have a good experience. Sometimes we fail and as much as I would like to say that what we do is easy and that we are successful with every agent the fact of the matter is...it isn't and we sometimes don't. However that does not excuse us from doing our very best to follow our mission of helping agents grow their agency.

If there is ever anything that I can do personally to help out please give me a call or shoot me an email at the address below. I would love to get your feedback on ways we can improve.

Hunter,

Just a question - not negative or positive but I'm curious - do you guys take samples for quality checks? For example, do you randomly call batches of leads to ascertain the level of quality?

Hunter,

Just a question - not negative or positive but I'm curious - do you guys take samples for quality checks? For example, do you randomly call batches of leads to ascertain the level of quality?

No problem. Thanks for the question. We have a Full Time quality control department. These guys primarily do two things.

1. With any new sources of traffic we start working with...they call their first X number of leads. If the lead source falls outside a normal range for bad leads we end the relationship right from the start.

2. Any credit request that comes in gets ran through our QC team and they use a combination of technology and actual phone calls to call the leads to see what is happening. In some cases it is a poorly written ad or landing page. In some cases the source isn't the type of lead source we want to do business with. Either way monitor this and when a marketing source falls outside our allowable percentage we shut it off.

Three weeks ago we shut off one of our largest suppliers of auto leads...painful to do short term but the right and only thing to do long term. This source had been doing business with us for years and had a great track record but then I guess their business model changed resulting in quality we deemed to be unacceptable and we terminated the relationship.

It is a constant balancing act of making sure we are getting enough volume to enough customers while keeping the quality at a level that allows our customers to be profitable....that is what I meant about this not being an easy job.

Does that answer your question?

Back