Hospital Indemnity for Rehab

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
Do hospital indemnity plans also cover inpatient rehab, or are they strictly for acute care hospital admissions? Daily reimbursement? Cap on payout? Lifetime, annual or per admission?

They do have that rider. With GTL you can have it pay you from day 1, or from day 20.

OPTION 1: This rider will pay $100-$220 per
day for days 1 through 50 if you are confined to
a skilled nursing facility. This benefit applies if you are admitted to a skilled nursing facility after having been confined to a hospital for three consecutive days. We will pay benefits as long as confinement occurs within 30 days of hospitalization. See certificate for exclusions and limitations.

OPTION 2: This rider will pay $100-$220 per day for days 21 through 100 if you are confined to a skilled nursing facility. This
Skilled Nursing Facility Benefit Rider** Choose from 2 options
OR benefit applies if you are admitted to a skilled nursing facility after having been confined to
a hospital for three consecutive days. We will pay benefits as long as confinement occurs within 30 days of hospitalization.

They do have that rider. With GTL you can have it pay you from day 1, or from day 20.

OPTION 1: This rider will pay $100-$220 per
day for days 1 through 50 if you are confined to
a skilled nursing facility. This benefit applies if you are admitted to a skilled nursing facility after having been confined to a hospital for three consecutive days. We will pay benefits as long as confinement occurs within 30 days of hospitalization. See certificate for exclusions and limitations.

OPTION 2: This rider will pay $100-$220 per day for days 21 through 100 if you are confined to a skilled nursing facility. This
Skilled Nursing Facility Benefit Rider** Choose from 2 options
OR benefit applies if you are admitted to a skilled nursing facility after having been confined to
a hospital for three consecutive days. We will pay benefits as long as confinement occurs within 30 days of hospitalization.

So if the MAPD kicks you out after 10 days and you have the rider, will it pay? Or does it require insurance coverage as well?

I didn't get the impression that Bob was asking about Skilled Nursing Care.

I would consider rehab (not A&D related) to fit the definition of a SNF. Not something I run into every day so I could be wrong.

And thanks @Chazm for responding. I was wondering if anyone knew the answer after it took a day for a response.

Last edited:
I would consider rehab (not A&D related) to fit the definition of a SNF. Not something I run into every day so I could be wrong.

And thanks @Chazm for responding. I was wondering if anyone knew the answer after it took a day for a response.

It could have been mental health/substance abuse rehab?

But I assumed rehab or SNF rehab post illness or injury.

Back