Hot Weather Tips for a First Summer FE Agent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first summer ding FE and I have been outside hustling much more than I had in previous work, at least in a number of years. It gets pretty hot and humid sometimes and in addition to keeping water handy, do you vets have any other tips if we are going to be outside in the weather working? I don't like sacrificing evening productivity due to dehydration.

Sometimes it's a good idea to just pull over at a general store and grab an ice tea. Taking an extra break or 2 during the summer can keep you in the game. The last thing you want to do is cut out early in the day.

I wasn't going to even chime in on this thread but the OP poster's thread is so stupid it deserves a comment.I understand a thread about.

1. I drove up to a house in the country to DK and 3 -200 lb pit bulls attacked my car. How do I handle it?
2. This Apartment complex had the 2 gate system of 1 big slow opening steal gate but also the quick wood gate so you can't follow a car thru it.
3. I'm gagging on cig smoke in the clients house and they're smoking.
4. I know a clients Home and they won't answer

answers to the above

1. I simply honk the horn till the homeowner comes out. Sometimes I alter the pattern of the honking
2. It means its a nice apartment complex and I want to see the client. I just park my car and walk it
3"Mr Jones I have a severe case of ashma can we talk on the porch ." You don't hurt their feelings
4.I've done 2 things. I shout super loud either "Mr. Jones I have a package delivery or "Mr Jones I have Urgent information I need to give you"
The above are door knocking tricks

But to ask some question about "How does one handle the heat" is so basic it can't be answered.How does anyone in any profession handle the heat? Less clothing or more fluids.

The next lesson is How do you handle dog and cat piss? How do you handle kids or animals crawling all over you? How do you handle the combative deliverance looking red neck with 2 shotguns at the door?

Last edited:
I wasn't going to even chime in on this thread but the OP poster's thread is so stupid it deserves a comment.I understand a thread about.

1. I drove up to a house in the country to DK and 3 -200 lb pit bulls attacked my car. How do I handle it?
2. This Apartment complex had the 2 gate system of 1 big slow opening steal gate but also the quick wood gate so you can't follow a car thru it.
3. I'm gagging on cig smoke in the clients house and they're smoking.
4. I know a clients Home and they won't answer

answers to the above

1. I simply honk the horn till the homeowner comes out. Sometimes I alter the pattern of the honking
2. It means its a nice apartment complex and I want to see the client. I just park my car and walk it
3"Mr Jones I have a severe case of ashma can we talk on the porch ." You don't hurt their feelings
4.I've done 2 things. I shout super loud either "Mr. Jones I have a package delivery or "Mr Jones I have Urgent information I need to give you"
The above are door knocking tricks

But to ask some question about "How does one handle the heat" is so basic it can't be answered.How does anyone in any profession handle the heat? Less clothing or more fluids.

The next lesson is How do you handle dog and cat piss? How do you handle kids or animals crawling all over you? How do you handle the combative deliverance looking red neck with 2 shotguns at the door?

Good stuff Petey, but you've never seen a 200 pound pit bull. They're 65 pounds full grown.

Am I in the wrong forum, because sucking really seems to be a theme around here?

You're in the right place. Don't be so thin skinned. You're not the 1st to get razzed. You have to admit, your question requires a little common sense.

*Wear light weight and light colored clothing(try going commando).
*Keep a cooler in the car with plenty of ice in it.
*Keep plenty of water in the car.
*Have a wash cloth/baby wipes in your car to wipe the sweat and smell of cat piss off of you throughout the day.
*Keep cologne in the car to try and cover up the stench of your sweat and the smell of cat piss.
*Use the air conditioner in your car.
*Like Agentguy5 said, take a few short breaks during the day.

Is that better?

You're in the right place. Don't be so thin skinned. You're not the 1st to get razzed. You have to admit, your question requires a little common sense.

*Wear light weight and light colored clothing(try going commando).
*Keep a cooler in the car with plenty of ice in it.
*Keep plenty of water in the car.
*Have a wash cloth/baby wipes in your car to wipe the sweat and smell of cat piss off of you throughout the day.
*Keep cologne in the car to try and cover up the stench of your sweat and the smell of cat piss.
*Use the air conditioner in your car.
*Like Agentguy5 said, take a few short breaks during the day.

Is that better?

Well bless your heart.

Rick

Sometimes it's a good idea to just pull over at a general store and grab an ice tea. Taking an extra break or 2 during the summer can keep you in the game. The last thing you want to do is cut out early in the day.
One decent response. Thank you. I am seeking things people might do to remind themselves, etc..because, at least for me, I get so focused on the work that I am doing and forget to do what I need to for my body; by then it's too late and I am trying to play catch up and find energy instead of focusing on my sales day. I am seeing double when I leave a house. When I get home, I no longer have the energy to make appointment calls. So I appreciate your response. I never had to condition myself for this as it was seemingly natural just to go do work before.

----------

Well bless your heart.

Rick
Thank you. Some of what you said wasn't common sense to me and will be helpful.

I had a response typed out and erased it. I had a door knock about 7 months ago. Nice lady and I was about to enter her house. Old crusty father swings the door open and starts going wild on me" You dirty crooked ins agent",You're a con man and swindler, get out of here before I shoot you. I simply said " Have a blessed day sir" and walked away. 10 min's later I door knocked the next house and got a sale.95% of agents would have let the crusty old man destroy there day.It bounced off me like a bullet hitting 10 feet of steel. "Successful people do what others refuse to do".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back