As a new agent, Green Dot Bank has become my first enemy

That's a good point. I thought about that a lot before I ever started GI. That's another reason why I don't try to conserve GI policies, if they replace it with MoO, then good for them.

I mainly started offering GI because if they haven't taken the step to get insurance in the first 60-70 years of their life, I am doubtful that they will actually take the next steps and get the MoO coverage. Some might, but not all. So I want to give them a chance to lock in something.

However, if I quote the GI and they say 'thats too expensive I cant do that' I always point them towards MoO.

But I agree with you, there's not really a wrong answer.

I find that GW rarely gets replaced with Moo or PM. If it does get replaced it’s usually clean sheeted.

Yesterday I had a lady that had a newly issued 10k PM and sent in a card wanted a little more. I told her to contact them the GW I had was much more expensive.

First few years I copied JD and gave them the number to Moo and walked,didn’t write GI.

My experience is that like you say,if they hadn’t taken the initiative to buy something in the first 60-70,they probably won’t.

I ended up picking up GW. Very nice company to deal with as long as your not selling terminally ill clients.

Last edited:
I find that GW rarely gets replaced with Moo or PM. If it does get replaced it’s usually clean sheeted.

Yesterday I had a lady that had a newly issued 10k PM and sent in a card wanted a little more. I told her to contact them the GW I had was much more expensive.

First few years I followed JD’s advice and recommended Moo and walked,didn’t write GI.

My experience is that like you say,if they hadn’t taken the initiative to buy something in the first 60-70,they probably won’t.

I ended up picking up GW. Very nice companion to deal with as long as your not selling terminally ill clients.

How is GI cleansheeted?

And what advice?

I’ve never advised anyone to not write GI. I say I don’t write it.

I don’t care if agents write GI. But many really care that I don’t.

How is GI cleansheeted?

And what advice?

I’ve never advised anyone to not write GI. I say I don’t write it.

I don’t care if agents write GI. But many really care that I don’t.

Agent replaces the GI,writes 1st day coverage with company that doesn’t do Mib/script check.

Back