How Complex Are FE Policies Compared to Other Life Insurance Policies?

Spin

Expert
Phoenix
Are they just standard whole life policies, or are some IUL, VUL etc?

For those of you who have trained other agents, is there a common aspect of FE policies that takes longer for an agent to learn? Anything that a new agent should stay away from?

I'm new to insurance but the idea behind an FE policy is that it's a simplified issue. The applications I've seen are all short and underwriting may or may not involve a phone interview by the insurer. There are even companies where you can make the sale over the phone from what I've learned on here.

Are they just standard whole life policies, or are some IUL, VUL etc? For those of you who have trained other agents, is there a common aspect of FE policies that takes longer for an agent to learn? Anything that a new agent should stay away from?

FE is generally considered to be simplified issue whole life.

There is a LOT for new agents to learn. And a lot to stay away from. Read through the FE threads on this forum is a good start.

Read all the open info and listen to the audio sat FexContracting.com

Listen to John Galt's interviews.

Listen to Reardon's you tubes.

Then sign with a good IMO with ongoing training, good direct mail leads, high commissions (110% to 120%).

What Newby said. A cup is important.

The product itself is the easiest I have ever written. From presentation to underwriting to comp. The business part is the tougher part. But the product is easy.

For those of you who have trained other agents, is there a common aspect of FE policies that takes longer for an agent to learn? Anything that a new agent should stay away from?

----------

The product is very simple. Fully guaranteed simple issue whole life. FE is a marketing term, not a product.

Understanding the final expense market is the tough part. All the product knowledge in the world won't help you unless you can relate to the people that make up the demographic.

----------

The product is very simple. Fully guaranteed simple issue whole life. FE is a marketing term, not a product.

Understanding the final expense market is the tough part. All the product knowledge in the world won't help you unless you can relate to the people that make up the demographic.

A lot of truth in that last sentence. Could hold true for a any of the Life products.

What or who is the FE market? Age, income, attitudes, demographics? That may be what he is really asking.

Back