How Complex Are FE Policies Compared to Other Life Insurance Policies?

A lot of truth in that last sentence. Could hold true for a any of the Life products.

What or who is the FE market? Age, income, attitudes, demographics? That may be what he is really asking.

I was asking about the policies, not the demographic. As I understand the demographic, they're 65-80 years old with yearly income no higher than $50,000, is that right?

Lol no higher than $50k? I'd say the avg is about $8500 a yr or $700 plus a month Gumbernit handout. When I drive up to a house and its worth over $50k I feel like i'm in Manhattan.

I was asking about the policies, not the demographic. As I understand the demographic, they're 65-80 years old with yearly income no higher than $50,000, is that right?

The polices are simple.. basically SI WL is used. ..Even though the polices are simple, the underwriting variances from company to company is far from simple. And, it is apparent you don't know the demographic that most FE agents work. Read the FE forum, you will gain tons of knowledge about FE policies, the underwriting, and the clientele. .

Got it. The policies are super easy. On the life side I can not think of an easier plan.

I write SIWL plans regularly but I do not market to what the FE pros call the FE market. Those would be the guy that can answer that.

----------

Lol no higher than $50k? I'd say the avg is about $8500 a yr or $700 plus a month Gumbernit handout. When I drive up to a house and its worth over $50k I feel like i'm in Manhattan.

America is a large country. $250,000 will not get you more than two bedrooms 1 bath 1,000 Sq ' and a tiny chain linked yard in some LA ghettos if you are very lucky. And $700 sure will not rent even a room in Bay Area low rent areas.

https://www.rentjungle.com/average-rent-in-oakland-rent-trends/

----------

The polices are simple.. basically SI WL is used. ..Even though the polices are simple, the underwriting variances from company to company is far from simple. And, it is apparent you don't know the demographic that most FE agents work. Read the FE forum, you will gain tons of knowledge about FE policies, the underwriting, and the clientele. .

That is part of what I meant earlier about the business end of it.

Last edited:

Understanding the demographic goes a bit beyond understanding the demographic parameters to mail to.

-robs

If you cant understand how a FE policy works then working a drive through would be too advanced for you.

Like JD said, FE is a marketing term. These policies used to be commonly referred to as E-Z issue life insurance as recently as the 1990's. To me that was more accurate and confused less people. But then again, the market has expanded so much (it was a really small niche years ago), maybe the suits were right.:shocked:

Back