How do I get access to CMS/Marx?

You are/were accessing MARx information via Aetna, not MARx directly.

I rarely need to access the MARx info, but I can get what I need via agent portals if not through agent support.

As an agent you will need a carrier to act as your conduit to MARx information.

My agency used aetna to gain access to MARx, but I wasn't even appointed with them. Also, I'm logging into the actual portal.cms.gov. There is nothing about aetna anywhere in the portal.

Are you getting it through a carrier or your fmo? Surely if Aetna is letting agents get it Humana is too ?

I’ve had it for a while. I can’t even remember the contract code I used. I think it was Anthem at the time. It took a few weeks before I got access. Honestly, you don’t even really need it. MProducer, Jarvis, Humana all have a client that ports information from it and adds additional DSNP eligibility info.

I’ve had it for a while. I can’t even remember the contract code I used. I think it was Anthem at the time. It took a few weeks before I got access. Honestly, you don’t even really need it. MProducer, Jarvis, Humana all have a client that ports information from it and adds additional DSNP eligibility info.

Why I like it is I run a lot of leads . Occasionally someone has been moved by a phone rep during the month . So all it shows on Vantage is the disenrollment at month end . You have no idea what plan they’re being moved to . With Marx you know . If I don’t know what plan they’ve been moved to I might write the same plan there being moved to which means my app will be cancelled . But yeah I only need a few to times a month

Last edited:
Ashmeade, when the system requests contract codes, do you need to enter every single contract from every carrier you represent? Not sure why they ask for this. Your thoughts?
So MARx is split into 2 parts when searching for beneficiaries. Let's say you look someone up enrolled into S5884. If you used the search function where having contract access is necessary, if you had S5884 in their profile, you would get their history under that plan.

The other search function is general info like Part A and B eligibility start dates and will return enrollment history, but you'll only be able to see the contract info for the most 2 recent ones. You shouldn't need any specific contract access to perform that search. Not sure if you can leave the contract info completely blank and still be given access.

Back