How Do You Make Cold Calling Entertaining?

10 years ago I had a colleague that used an automated system that called phone #'s and had a recording about life innsurance. If they were interested, they were to press #1 and leave their name, address and phone # so an agent could contact them. One time, he forgot to shut it off. It ended up calling people all night long, 2 am, 3 am, 4 am, etc. He said when he checked the messages that were left there were some pretty pissed off people! Too funny

This is awesome! I have read so many posts where someone buys leads, and then they end up being the wrong number or what have you.... I have always wondered, why don't they try striking a conversation with the person who is on the other end of the number, instead of letting that lead go and writing it off?! Makes sense to me!

Occasionally I have gotten a wrong number, identified the person by their voice as a senior, asked if they are on Medicare and ended up selling them a policy.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
When I don't recognize a number or know it's a telemarketer, I answer my phone "Hello Flora's house of leather and lace, how can I spank you today?" or "Flora's house of leather and lace, we're busy beating the midgets in the basement, can you call back later?"

They all hang up on me!! lol Maybe if just one could make through that and not hang up, I would give them the time of listening to what they had to say! :laugh:

Let me give you some words of wisdom...If you are cold calling, don't call late at night..

I had some guy try to cold call me after 9 pm at night....

I just don't see cold calling working like it use to.

Whenever my home phone rings, I hate it. I know if it was someone important they would be calling me on my cell phone...if they dont have my cell number then they dont matter...so most home phone calls are someone trying to sell me something...

A lot of the time, I will play tricks on them...I try and see how long I can keep them on the phone or make them think I'm crazy...I even ask them if they take food stamps sometimes...

Last edited:
Smile and Dial is the best way always and keep good pictures around you and play motivating music music increases production by 20 percent.

From time to time, I watch clips of Boiler Room from youtube when I'm frustrated. The one where Vin Diesel sells the doctor is hiliarious and is bound to lift your spirits.

Try it.

That's one of the saddest parts of the movie for me. Can you imagine how he'll feel when he has to come clean to his family about what he's been suckered in to?

Any one using TV

Hi is any local agents using TV... i see a few agents on TV and they have been on a long time now past year ...I am thinking something is working for them.....

Latest posts

Back