How Important is Claim Submission Security?

You are going to have to give us a little more information. and what is, the danger you see. Your anonymous

so you really think committing insurance fraud is a good way to pay back a jilted lover?

You seem to think they the company will immediately issue a check to this person and not contact all parties involved.

I think you are misunderstanding how the process works.

They might be able to send an email thru the website saying, I have a claim to report and a claims rep will contact you within 24 hours or something like that.

There is something either you are missing or something I am missing in your post.

Lets pretend we are talking about calling in rather than using the website.... Is there anything that says I have to give my real name? My real contact info? Of course not. How is doing the claim on a website any different?

Since it can happen NOW, why the worry about the fact it could happen in the future? I think we are all missing this point.

Does it happen now? Sure does. Often? Not that I'm aware of. Usually its a real accident but the at fault party is trying to blame the other party.

How does this show up on the clue report? If it shows up, it says 'Closed, NAF - $0.00'. No big deal.

Dan

I think you need to explain it a little more, What kind of insurance do you sell. And what company are you talking about. So other can add to the thread

I guess inputting data, for a claim, by itself, really isn't a problem. Even to follow your example, on this website, if people could post without logging in, but then everyone of those posts had to be verified before being 'live', I wouldn't really care. The board administrators might though, since it would be a lot of work for them.

Same thing with the claim. If I made a claim with the name of Mickey Mouse and a phone number of 555-555-1212, then hey, that claim will take somebody a few seconds to realize its bogus and click the delete button.

Now, I assume to file a claim in the manner you are talking about requires someone to post a name, phone number, address, etc. My guess (only a guess) is that the claim wouldn't really begin until the person is contacted to verify the validity of the claim.

This isn't that much different than a lot of helpdesks where you can open a support ticket by sending an email to [email protected] Yes, they get a lot of bogus support tickets, but they deal with them.

Dan

Back