How is gas, food and electric rate hikes affecting FE sales?

There’s always going to be an excuse you just have to decide if you’re going to use it or actually produce.

Your correct you either do it or you don’t . But roi’s are falling for agents as gas skying and dm prices have gone from avg $32 to around $40 the last 2 years depending on lead verbiage . You get 25 leads a week that’s $800 a month extra . Gas has also doubled . You drive 800 miles a week that’s about another $150 a week. Between the 2 that’s $1400 a month extra exp’s . Your doing $200 k a yr premium get a 10% bump in your commission and that covers it . Your feeling financial pain . Let your IMO share in that pain .Were talking fe here . With Medicare advantage you should be getting free or greatly discounted leads if your doing any type vol . Obviously mapd pays about $165 for July 1 effective date . You have to get heavily discounted leads at a min ti make it work .

Gas has also doubled . You drive 800 miles a week that’s about another $150 a week. Between the 2 that’s $1400 a month extra exp’s . Your doing $200 k a yr premium get a 10% bump in your commission and that covers it .

Now I know everyone here is a $200,000.+ superstar or only have consistent $100,000 yr downlines. But it seems I have read here the average, agents make <$100,000 per year, Net. Same lead cost, same fuel cost, same restaurant cost.

I assume they are not making excuses to stop working. Probably just the opposite and having to grind it that much harder. That $1,400+ means nothing to the elite agents or recruiters. But to a young agent it could mean some very tough family decisions.

None of this affects, or is it effects, me. I don't buy leads and gas is to get me to my fun spots. So the sky is not falling here.
So I guess, F um Let them eat cake?

I guess its a case of "tighten your belt" or "earn more"........

New agents for sure are going to find it tough going...it was tough before the price increases let alone after.

Of course the recruiters will just "tweak" their numbers to reel them in so its probably pretty much business as usual for them :)

Some agents have a wage-earner COLA attitude about life.

They feel the carrier/IMO should bump commissions to offset a higher cost of conducting business. OK . . . but if that is they way you play the game shouldn't commissions be cut during times of low inflation and under $2 gas?

Now I know everyone here is a $200,000.+ superstar or only have consistent $100,000 yr downlines. But it seems I have read here the average, agents make <$100,000 per year, Net. Same lead cost, same fuel cost, same restaurant cost.

I assume they are not making excuses to stop working. Probably just the opposite and having to grind it that much harder. That $1,400+ means nothing to the elite agents or recruiters. But to a young agent it could mean some very tough family decisions.

None of this affects, or is it effects, me. I don't buy leads and gas is to get me to my fun spots. So the sky is not falling here.
So I guess, F um Let them eat cake?

The avg agents makes $50k and i don’t know if thats gross . This doesn’t effect recruiters as there not paying for that gas or leads . Inflation effects all. So if an agent does $150k gross and his costs go up $10k a yr of course thats going to affect him . He has $10k less to spend on living exp’s. Prices have skied .But any smart agent is always looking for higher comp and a better lead situation .There’s a lot of good fmo’s out there.

($50,000 / 52 =)$963 -
($1,400 x 12 / 52 =) $323 =

Yeah man, a little transitory inflation is good for us.

I second on some really good imos out there. With one or two exceptions I am pretty happy with mine.

I don't agree that they need to back fill because of inflation. I am not an employee that needs the boss to give me a raise.

The avg agents makes $50k and i don’t know if thats gross . This doesn’t effect recruiters as there not paying for that gas or leads . Inflation effects all. So if an agent does $150k gross and his costs go up $10k a yr of course thats going to affect him . He has $10k less to spend on living exp’s. Prices have skied .But any smart agent is always looking for higher comp and a better lead situation .There’s a lot of good fmo’s out there.
($50,000 / 52 =)$963 -
($1,400 x 12 / 52 =) $323 =

Yeah man, a little transitory inflation is good for us.

I second on some really good imos out there. With one or two exceptions I am pretty happy with mine.

I don't agree that they need to back fill because of inflation. I am not an employee that needs the boss to give me a raise.

It’s no different than when a restaurants prices go up .They pass some on to the customers . A good profitable agent should split some of the increased cost with the fmo . Not necessarily comp but co oping some of the increased lead cost . Why should the fmo who sits in his office overriding me make the same money when my roi’s falling ? Again each agent does what he wants but I’ll be damned if they don’t feel some of my increased costs .It’s up to every agent to negotiate the best deal he can get .

It’s no different than when a restaurants prices go up .They pass some on to the customers . A good profitable agent should split some of the increased cost with the fmo . Not necessarily comp but co oping some of the increased lead cost . Why should the fmo who sits in his office overriding me make the same money when my roi’s falling ? Again each agent does what he wants but I’ll be damned if they don’t feel some of my increased costs .It’s up to every agent to negotiate the best deal he can get .

I don't disagree that two IMOs both paying about the same on average should compete also on service and perks.

And as IMOs add layers such as partners or managers that should come out of their end not mine.

Latest posts

Back