How Many Calls

My question is, if the people that go to your website, what % are from google, since all we talk about is SEO and not driving our own traffic to our sites.

RBA, define calls....???

new customers? old customers? from a website perspective, very few new website customers use the telephone lines. the vast majority of them want quotes instead.

of course NEW Clients, I dont want my current clients needing to go to my website to get my number, I want my website for NEW clients, NEW calls.

My question is, if the people that go to your website, what % are from google, since all we talk about is SEO and not driving our own traffic to our sites.

around 90% or so-
around 90% or so-
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
So do you think the switching of hosting accounts helped? I ask because this site was recognized by Google until around a year ago when I changed hosting accounts. Maybe a coincidence.

mb, might of had more to do with the backlinks dropping off. who knows-

Last edited:
of course NEW Clients, I dont want my current clients needing to go to my website to get my number, I want my website for NEW clients, NEW calls.

By contrasting old and new, I think you missed my point.
What I have found is that NEW potential clients rarely call a number they get straight of off a website (I get a few, but that many, and certainly not anything substantial). New customers want online quotes instead, to see how the premium compares.

I think it is very important to have your phone number listed on your website, because it will bring in a few sales over the year.

but overall, the vast majority of calls I get coming from my website are from former customers who have fallen off the books and want to check your rates out again, and some customers that you may have quoted months ago but never sold.

Point is, if you're looking to generate fresh clients from your website, having just a phone number won't get it done. you need to have some sort of quoting system in place so that you can crunch the numbers, and give the new customers a premium comparison.

When I used to build e-commerce sites, it was a relatively common believe that people like to see a phone number, even if they have no intention of calling it. A phone number (and address) indicates some sort of stability and a certain amount of accountability.

If I'm thinking about spending over about $50 with someone online, I always check for a phone number to call, just in case, and usually look for an address, also, just in case. If these are not there, its much harder to close the sale with me.

You can have a phone number that goes straight to voicemail, no big deal, at least its a valid number. You do need to have a phone number on any commercial site though, just as a common practice.

I'm not sure if its still valid, but there definitely was a time that without a phone number and address, google would rank you lower.

Dan

I'm still kind of curious about the original post. I know a lot of this stuff is very secretive, but does anybody have any insight?

I just started selling insurance a few months back and am getting my feet wet in the field first. However I plan on slowly transitioning over to online/phone sales over the next year or two.

I have a little background with SEO from another business but will most likely outsource the initial startup. Once established (6-12 months out) are you guys seeing good results with local (statewide) search? Good enough results to not rely on lead purchasing?

I'm looking at term life as the primary focus. Thanks for the input...

SEO leads are like anything else, just another source of leads. If you are getting some leads through the website, some business off of cold calling, some business of off referrals, some business of of walk-ins, etc, it all adds up. It's especially helpful because if one dries up for one reason or another, you have multiple sources of new leads vs living or dying by one.

Have you done any keyword research to see what type of search volume you get for the terms in your state and scoped out the competition? In some states it can be much easier to rank for life insurance than for others, but that is a fairly competitive term.

Back