How Many in 30 Days?

You don't have to do anything with the ones that are renewing unless their income changed or they want a new plan or if their policy is being termed. I'm correct about this right?

It is foolish to ignore even a single client during OEP-rates are going up across the board so there isn't anyone who is easy with the exception of those who have 2013 plans being extended to the end of 2015 (Assurant, Golden Rule, and Cigna, in some states, are offering that with modest rate increases).

This is the time to get an entire book placed for all of 2015 and have a steady stream of income for the year, the responses on this thread are in harmony about the importance of nailing it in spite of the limited time provided.

Um we have 46 enrollment days for a 1/1/2015 effective date...not sure why people are saying 30 days?

I have two employees now and started scheduling 1 hr meetings after Nov 15th. Also have a few overflow agents that work part time...will be more full time for them hopefully.

Looking to renew all my current 600 clients in Nov and new clients in Dec...have more bandwidth this year and my process down more pat. I call them, yet do have a new phone system and MSFT OneNote this year to track it all.

What are some of your marketing strategies? I only do Health in WA state.

One of mine is postcards, pens, magnets, letterhead they write on in meetings...seems to work well!

Um we have 46 enrollment days for a 1/1/2015 effective date...not sure why people are saying 30 days?

I have two employees now and started scheduling 1 hr meetings after Nov 15th. Also have a few overflow agents that work part time...will be more full time for them hopefully.

Looking to renew all my current 600 clients in Nov and new clients in Dec...have more bandwidth this year and my process down more pat. I call them, yet do have a new phone system and MSFT OneNote this year to track it all.

What are some of your marketing strategies? I only do Health in WA state.

One of mine is postcards, pens, magnets, letterhead they write on in meetings...seems to work well!

I am thinking 30 days because, in my states, application dates after the 15th get automatically assigned to the 15th of the following month unless there is an exception (such as a plan termination on the 31st)-it's not automatic.

FLM2 - that makes sense now. Glad I'm in WA where we have two more weeks...or Dec 23rd for Exchange plans starting 1/1/15.

Another strategy I'm using is in person seminars for my clients and new people. Working quite well to get them engaged early. I have never met 75% of my clients in person, most are fine with a screenshare program login.

The Peeler plan ..................

ice-cream-truck.jpg

It's going to suck. especially since we'll have no real visibility to plans/pricing , etc. till 11/15. I've told people not to bother calling till around Thanksgiving. Medicare is my priority and if this all becomes impossible - going forward I'll dump the individual market and only do Medicare. I've told my existing clients, they come first while I try to hang on . . . .but really - it's awful. . . . .

Cadylou,
Almost every plan and prices are out in WA. What state are you in?

Why don't you hire a producer to help you expand?

Does anyone have any additional marketing ideas? Send me a private message and will share some ideas with you as well...

The Peeler plan ..................

ice-cream-truck.jpg

Look on the window real close and you can see he's selling the Obamacare SnoCone....It has cherry and blueberry and pina colada flavors. When somebody orders one the person behind him has to pay for it....helluvadeal...
:D:D

Remember, for those late referrals, clients who are too busy on Hawaiian vacations to respond, etc., their 12/31/14 termination is a qualifying event that generates a 60-day SEP with coverage effective retro to 1/1/15.

Of course, we should reach out in advance and place them all by 12/15 so they can actually use their coverage 1/1 if needed, but for those who can't, at least we can replace it and avoid a lapse.

I'd love to just get that stuff done now, if they would only release the individual rates...

Good point Ray. If actual policy termination, and not a conversion to another plan, they have a 60 day SEP, which means technically, we have until Feb 28th to write biz.

Gotta push my sanity off a couple more weeks.

Back