How Many Lives Do You Write Per Year? Industry Trends...

Obviously working around a big city theres tons of project areas. Do you exclude any zip codes to avoid some of those areas?I would assume a good majority of your leads are on ssdi so you must do a lot of debit express.I guess with $40 monthly premiums that hasn't been a problem.

I do not limit myself by excluding ZIP Codes. I want and need a lot of people to see. I actually do not do as much direct express as one would expect. Maybe 1 out of 20 cases.

I have always liked working inside the city.

A lot of good info here...thanks again.

Me personally, while I have a staff, I am the only one who writes business, other than my partner. We are partners in our practice -- and while we split business, but the # of lives I write a year is just me. I've never really deviated. My first year in the business I wrote about 15 lives. It went up from there, but capped out at 36. Today, the norm is about 24-30.

A friend of mine used to write about 200 lives a year -- by himself, meaning he was the only one writing business. At the time he was doing about 600k per year in premium (life and DI). He's now doing about 100 lives a year but his premium/production has gone up 1 1/2 times.

I've seen many big producers keep their lives about the same, but increase their premium, just by seeing and working with a wealthier clientele.

Whatever you do...do it the best you can! Thanks again for the good info.

Back