How Many Lives Do You Write Per Year? Industry Trends...

I've averaged 300 life applications for 10 years so I would guess I'll write about 300 this year.

Dayum SpurCity!! 750?? That's wicked man!!

Yeah but if you lose a couple it doesn't hurt near as bad as the guy who writes 30 per year with $10,000-$15,000 in annual premium for each. What kind of system do you have set up that allows you to talk with enough people to write 15 apps per week?

I just get a bunch of leads, have 6-7 appts a day and I believe I have the best appointment setter in the nation :) Appt setter is the KEY ingredient there.

----------

I've averaged 300 life applications for 10 years so I would guess I'll write about 300 this year. Dayum SpurCity!! 750?? That's wicked man!!

Yea amigo, the question is how long can I keep this pace up. I'm getting too old for this stuff :)

----------

I don't know what I'll write this year, but I did 36 life apps this month. That should be about average.

Awesome pace! This game is a marathon, not a sprint. MOST sprinters die out in this biz.

I just get a bunch of leads, have 6-7 appts a day and I believe I have the best appointment setter in the nation :) Appt setter is the KEY ingredient there. ---------- Yea amigo, the question is how long can I keep this pace up. I'm getting too old for this stuff :) ---------- Awesome pace! This game is a marathon, not a sprint. MOST sprinters die out in this biz.

That really is incredible volume.

15 apps a week, 6-7 appts a day, how many appts do you average per week? 24? 4 days in the field? 40 DM Leads a week?

That really is incredible volume.

15 apps a week, 6-7 appts a day, how many appts do you average per week? 24? 4 days in the field? 40 DM Leads a week?

I work 5 days a week M-F. 30 appointments a week on average. That's not how many people I see, that's how many appts I have. I also work Sat and Sun on occasion if need be BUT those are usually 1 or 2 appts on those days.

I use a mix of DM (35), tele (whenever they come in) and internet (whenever they come in). So it's safe to say I get approx 50 leads per week.

A lot of my credit goes to my appt setter. I've tried SEVERAL appt setters from some of the top producers in the country BUT I believe mine is the best. BEST part is, she is training a new appt setter for us and she is doing fantastic. I tested her this week and for her first week of calls she set me 6-7 a day and I only had 1 no-show/reschedule per day. Good signs so far, BUT IT'S EARLY.

I thought your wife set your appointments?So you work the actual city of san Antonio? So most of your appointments are probably close together.In many big cities that would be a persistency nightmare.How do you handle scrubbing apps and massive service work doing that many apps?

I thought your wife set your appointments?So you work the actual city of san Antonio? So most of your appointments are probably close together.In many big cities that would be a persistency nightmare.How do you handle scrubbing apps and massive service work doing that many apps?

Yes, my wife is my appt setter. And she is currently training her best friend to be an appointment setter for some people on my squad.

I get most all applications done while I'm in the house while the client is doing their telephone interview. Whatever is not completed in the home is done as soon as I get home as far as scrubbing applications. It's not much service work if you do it correctly the first time and I do not deliver policies. It's extremely rare that I will get an amendment.

I do not limit myself and I work the county that San Antonio is in plus every single bordering county so I think it's a total of seven or eight counties. The furthest I have to drive is usually about an hour and 15 minutes in every direction.

My persistency is the worst with security national life at 80% but most all my other carriers are around 90%.

Obviously working around a big city theres tons of project areas. Do you exclude any zip codes to avoid some of those areas?I would assume a good majority of your leads are on ssdi so you must do a lot of debit express.I guess with $40 monthly premiums that hasn't been a problem.

Back