How Many Quote Requests Did Your Website Receive in 2012?

I am looking for organic traffic results, not pay per click. I believe I only received 3 quote requests in 2012, but closed 4 policies. Since that is terribly low traffic, but a fantastic closing ratio I am thinking of investing in a professional site in 2013 and would like to hear about what kind of results I can look forward to. If you wouldn't mind mentioning if you spend a lot of time on seo that would also be helpful.

You should invest. It works. Every day. Forever. Make your site look good. And hire an SEO firm to get your site seen.

We run some borderline aggressive PPC, ad networks, social and organic SEO campaigns for our online efforts. Our website isn't what I'd call top notch in every respect, but our analytics are.

In 2012 we accumulated, on average, 120 leads a month. From these leads we have about a 4% conversion. Our ROI is positive for sure, but could be better. This year we're putting a bunch of effort into conversions and lead quality.

It's a lot of work, but we're sustaining and it looks like 2013 will pay off. In January, for instance, we broke the 200 mark in online leads!

We run some borderline aggressive PPC, ad networks, social and organic SEO campaigns for our online efforts. Our website isn't what I'd call top notch in every respect, but our analytics are.

In 2012 we accumulated, on average, 120 leads a month. From these leads we have about a 4% conversion. Our ROI is positive for sure, but could be better. This year we're putting a bunch of effort into conversions and lead quality.

It's a lot of work, but we're sustaining and it looks like 2013 will pay off. In January, for instance, we broke the 200 mark in online leads!

ONLY a 4% conversion? what the hell are you guys doing wrong?

armourinsurance said:

Which vertical r u generating leads for?

The biggest is personal auto. We have success with personal home and commercial too, but for commercial, we get more small start-ups than established larger businesses through this channel.

We just launched a plan to hit a number of commercial lines hard this month, if all goes well this will raise our ROI tremendously. I should have some more data on that next month or so.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
@F350 Actual rate is 6.6%. Leads from organic SEO have the best conversion at 13%. PPC leads are at 4.4%.

What kind of conversion rate do you get from your online leads?

Last edited:
A carefully worded website, not even the best looking will fair well in getting you some online leads. I am returning to insurance after a 7 yr hiatus , and I am a web designer as well. When originally doing insurance I had 2 websites, the agency website and the aggregator website I made, both of these sites would send a combined 25-30 leads a month. Some good, some bad, and some even closeable. The web has changed alot over the past 7 yrs and websites that give pricing may get the client to purchase at the time of quote, so your website is designed to capture everyone else. People are very basic in the words they use in search so be sure those words are present in your site, and make sure you identify with an certain area that you would like to target your business. So now that I am back, and making my website for my agency I look forward to a good 2-3 leads a day from the website, and understand to make an auto response via email and a phone call as soon as possible to close that deal.... So anyone not making sales monthly with there websites, needs to return back to the basics, and look at there site as a consumer and rework it.

One thing a lot of people are not aware of is the fact that you have to have a significantly developed website in order to rank on the first page of search engines for many searches or, for that matter, almost any search.

This means that your website cannot be a "six page wonder". Historically I have told people that they need a website with at least 18 pages to "compete". (This is probably where the idea of creating a blog to go with your website originated.)

Search engines have to have a way to gauge why one website is better, or more "relevant" than another.

They don't have eyes, so it only makes sense that, all things being equal, a website will be ranked based on how "big" it is. The website with the greatest amount of website content "wins".

"Bigger is better" when it comes to websites, ranking and content. If your website is going to have only a few pages, it's probably not worth your time & money to optimize it -- better off working with Local Search.

Mike Merten

My quote requests are in the tens of thousands for 2012 from online marketing. But I am an affiliate marketer, so I get a referral fee for each quote request I generate. Trying to sell to each quote request is impossible, my mind is 100% on marketing.

My quote requests are in the tens of thousands for 2012 from online marketing. But I am an affiliate marketer, so I get a referral fee for each quote request I generate. Trying to sell to each quote request is impossible, my mind is 100% on marketing.

That's good to know, but how does that help insurance agents or contribute to this thread?

One thing a lot of people are not aware of is the fact that you have to have a significantly developed website in order to rank on the first page of search engines for many searches or, for that matter, almost any search.

This means that your website cannot be a "six page wonder".

Sounds like you haven't watched the SERPS in over 2 yrs..

Back