How Much Commisson

capnjim01

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Going to be talking to an IMO next week about mortgage protection and maybe final expense. They provide the leads and take a cut on the commission, I'm thinking they want to pay 50% on the mortgage protection sales. I'm thinking they should pay around 80%. What's a fair deal?

Going to be talking to an IMO next week about mortgage protection and maybe final expense. They provide the leads and take a cut on the commission, I'm thinking they want to pay 50% on the mortgage protection sales. I'm thinking they should pay around 80%. What's a fair deal?

Depends on the leads and training.

I worked with these guys up until about 2008 and the mortgage market went downhill and leads dried up. I was paying $20.00 per lead and most of my contracts were at 100% traing was good.

Now they want to talk to me about coming back so I have to see what kind of split they want. IMO I'm with now provides leads and pays 50% to start although the leads are not great, some are as much as three years old. I realized a lead is just an oppertunity to start a conversation but three years old is a bit much I think.

I agree, I'll need to see the leads and how many the can give me each week, 10 old mortgage or FE leads a week want cut it.

Cap'n...call Premier Senior Marketing. They are an IMO that focuses on the senior market. They do have tranining available in their FE division, all you need to do is license with their carriers. It's a pretty sweet gig. Contracts start from 105% to 115% depending on the product. Their leads are a direct mail drop, averaging $30 a lead, but they are exclusive to you and are at least 90 days fresh.

Back