How to Hook Your Prospect and Common Questions to Ask Them

Thanks for the information. It has been very helpful. I have customized it to fit my situation. It's important to plan your approach. Rehearse, Rehearse, and then Rehearse until it doesn't sound scripted. Even then, you may stumble a few times on the phone. We all were there once, but the more you do anything the better you get.

Thanks again.

B

"You sure do like to nit-pick things. Jesus"

I for one am glad that Jesus doesn't nitpick things. Now that Ami person is a different story :)

We've been selling life insurance over the phone for eight years. One thing we learned is that the most important topic is them, not you. Our script focuses on them and their needs/concerns, only after we discuss those do we talk about us.

I agree with most people in here. A good script tailored to your situation is required to get the prospect hooked and to start talking about themselves.

dgoldenz: what type of leads do you use? You make it sound like the prospect is practically expecting your call...? People get so many "junk" calls these days that I really doubt cold calling would be very efficient. I could be wrong.

I agree with most people in here. A good script tailored to your situation is required to get the prospect hooked and to start talking about themselves.

dgoldenz: what type of leads do you use? You make it sound like the prospect is practically expecting your call...? People get so many "junk" calls these days that I really doubt cold calling would be very efficient. I could be wrong.

I don't cold call, we buy leads from a couple different sources. If they put in their phone number on an inquiry form, they should be expecting a call (i.e. mine). Cold calling is a waste of time if you ask me.

I don't cold call, we buy leads from a couple different sources. If they put in their phone number on an inquiry form, they should be expecting a call (i.e. mine). Cold calling is a waste of time if you ask me.

Just currious, could you PM me your sources or some that would be worth my time investing in?

Thanks!

Just currious, could you PM me your sources or some that would be worth my time investing in?

Thanks!

Budgetlife is the only one we're using right now, but the owner isn't taking any new agents because they've had a drop in the amount of leads they're generating. Their prices are also going up 50% per lead. We're working a lot of referrals and re-writing cases on previous clients right now. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Back